Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airplane Pictures MOD

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Airplane Pictures MOD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airplane Pictures MOD - 7/14/2011 10:35:01 PM   
Omat

I removed this mod...only available via pm

< Message edited by Omat -- 6/11/2012 6:07:49 PM >

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."
Anatole France
Post #: 1
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 11/30/2011 12:12:37 PM   
Omat

s

< Message edited by Omat -- 6/11/2012 6:08:00 PM >

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."
Anatole France

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 2
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 12/6/2011 2:10:09 AM   
bcgames

I wasn't able to extract these. Has anyone else had that problem?

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 3
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 12/6/2011 4:03:00 AM   
Denniss

Yep - same here.
I also noted the filename of the downloadable file is not the same as given in the post.

< Message edited by Denniss -- 12/6/2011 4:05:44 AM >

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 4
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 12/6/2011 9:32:53 AM   
Omat

quote:

ORIGINAL: bcgames

I wasn't able to extract these. Has anyone else had that problem?

Hello bcgames

I downloaded and test the file and I could unzip it. So the file seems to be ok.

But I did compress the file with LZMS settings because if I did not do this the file would be larger than 10 MB and I can`attach this file here. Sorry too many pictures

I think your File archiver is not capable to extract the files with these "high compression ratio" settings. Somebody had the same porblem with the leader pictures. But when he changed to a File archiver which is capable it works.

May be you should try this program http://www.7-zip.org/
It is open source and very potent. The program can also extract many other file formats. In a way you need only one File archiver.

So can you give me a feedback if this helps? If this dosent help I maybe split this file. Bcgames which File archiver did you are using?

I add advice to post number 1.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

Yep - same here.
I also noted the filename of the downloadable file is not the same as given in the post.

Hello Denniss

Thats normal with all attchements here. The zip file have the name air_ver18c.zip and whwn you download it it chnges it`s name to an (long) number. As far as I know every (zip) file which is attched here in this Forum do this with certain browsers. But the files are ok.

Can you give me a feedback if it helps to switch the File archiver? Which File archiver did you use?

Omat

P.S.: I looked again. The zip file would 20 % bigger with standard settings. But under 10 MB. I take awful long time to upload those big files...

< Message edited by Omat -- 12/6/2011 3:41:05 PM >

Anatole France

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 5
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 12/6/2011 10:46:12 AM   
Omat

Air_bw_ver2.0.zip

size: 5.1 MB

< Message edited by Omat -- 4/21/2012 4:16:10 PM >

Anatole France

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 6
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 12/6/2011 10:27:24 PM   
Denniss

Images look very nice.

Some issues:
a0013 shows a Bf 109 with rocket launch tubes but this aircraft is a recon bird
a0015 is looking strange for a Bf 109 K-4 - several sites report this as a G-10 (antenna behind cockpit too far forward for a K-series)
a0020 and 22 are reversed - 20 should be the long-range 110D with two 900l drop tanks
a0029 does not show Do 17 Z-2 - shows earlier variants (look at the nose)
a0031 shows a Do 17 Z-7 or Z-10, not a Do 215 B-5 (look at the engines)
a0055 probably shows a He 100, not a He 112
a0057 - germany actually never use the He 170, they used the He 70F with a V12-engine (He 170 was a radial-engined variant built for and in Hungary)

< Message edited by Denniss -- 12/7/2011 3:02:20 AM >

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 7
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 12/7/2011 1:48:07 PM   
Omat

Hello

Thanks for your notes.

quote:

a0013 shows a Bf 109 with rocket launch tubes but this aircraft is a recon bird

This picture is correct. So no changes. The german uses 3 reconnaissance variants for the Me 109G-6. The R2, R3 and the U3. When they used the R2 for recce they removed its weapons and fitted it with Rb50/03.
This picture shows A Me 109G-6/R2 (with rockets)

quote:

a0015 is looking strange for a Bf 109K-4 - several sites report this as a G-10 (antenna behind cockpit too far forward for a K-series)

I changed this picture but there are not many good ones avaiable. This one is also not very good.

quote:

a0020 and 22 are reversed - 20 should be the long-range 110D with two 900l drop tanks

Both could carry a 900l droop tank. You can argue the 110D-1 is not using a R2

Picture a0020.bmp is as far as I knowa Me 110D-1
Picture a0022.bmp should be a Me 110E-2 (here using drop tanks)

I think ist is ok. Also did not found a picture Me 110D-1/R2.

quote:

a0029 does not show Do 17 Z-2 - shows earlier variants (look at the nose)

I changed it. Picture was from late 1939.

quote:

a0031 shows a Do 17 Z-7 or Z-10, not a Do 215 B-5 (look at the engines)

Yes a failure. Corrected. Now it is a Plane with DB-601A engines.

quote:

a0055 probably shows a He 100, not a He 112

Also corrected.

quote:

a0057 - germany actually never use the He 170, they used the He 70F with a V12-engine (He 170 was a radial-engined variant built for and in Hungary)

This is an Database Problem. I think I am going to change it when the Database is corrected. Otherwise I have to write long justification why I did that.....

Omat

< Message edited by Omat -- 12/7/2011 2:50:28 PM >

Anatole France

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 8
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 12/8/2011 9:15:31 AM   
Denniss

Bf 109G recons were always armed, /R2 and /R5 typically kept their full armamant, the long-range /R3 only kept the engine cannon (MG space needed for additional oil tank). The /U3 just denotes a MW-50 installation added at field or depot level.

Regarding the Bf 110 - the Bf 110D may not be used in WitE but it's the only 110 modelled with the 900l drop tanks, the Bf 110 E-2 is just modelled as fighter-bomber (a bit misnamed). Judging from the MG 81Z rear gun and from the increased-size rudders 0020 is a 110G with ZG26 logo/markings (although engine oil cooler looks too small for a DB 605 engine). The source image may not be original but modified somehow.

0023: broad prop blades, large prop spinner and deep oil cooler - 110G for me

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 9
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 12/8/2011 9:41:03 AM   
Omat

Air_soviet_bw_ver2.0.zip

size: 2.4 MB

< Message edited by Omat -- 4/21/2012 4:16:23 PM >

Anatole France

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 10
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 4/20/2012 11:17:02 PM   
Omat

Hello

Reworked all pictures. Now black and white pictures and pictures with sepia effect are available.

Also pictures for the new axis planes are available (Fw 190A-8, Fw 190F-8, Ju 87D-5, Do 217K, Ju 88A-4, He-111H-6, Ju 188F, Re. 2000 Heja II).

Here is a preview

Omat

Attachment (1)

Anatole France

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 11
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 4/21/2012 2:47:37 AM   
Denniss

And again, neither Winrar nor the zip-compatible Windows function is able to decompress the images. Please either use a 100% compatible zip format, split the filesets into smaller parts or use a filehoster to upload the images.

WitE Beta-tester - aircraft data modifications
WitE 1.08 development/testing
WitW aircraft data

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 12
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 4/21/2012 10:54:33 AM   
Omat

Hello

(And again)...Please use a modern zip file archiver. It is 100 % zip compatible. The .ZIP File Format Specification documents the following compression methods: stored (no compression), Shrunk, Reduced (methods 1-4), Imploded, Tokenizing, Deflated, Deflate64, bzip2, LZMA (EFS), WavPack, PPMd. The files are compress with LZMA

So if you can not extract than you file archiver do not meets the .ZIP file format specification. So please do not use them..and even do not even spent money for them.

If you still use or spend money for them them...well it is your own decision...

If I split them in many parts I got complains about that point (happend with the leader picture mod). And I do not want a filehoster or buy a own website or something....

I can not please everybody!.

If it is wished I remove this mod. Than there sould be no more complains...

Omat

quote:

And again, neither Winrar nor the zip-compatible Windows function is able to decompress the images. Please either use a 100% compatible zip format, split the filesets into smaller parts or use a filehoster to upload the images.

< Message edited by Omat -- 4/21/2012 11:25:18 AM >

Anatole France

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 13
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 4/21/2012 12:46:35 PM   
Denniss

It's your decision if you want to keep-out most users as most in fact rely on the built-in decompression in Windows which does not support this new/extended compression algorythm. It's just a suggestion to increase your user base: more mod users = developer happy.

Just another suggestion - to keep file sizes small split the Axis pack into german and other Axis images.

BTW Image 76 shows a Ju 88R or G-1, not a C-6 (BMW engines visible). English wiki has it as R-1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Junkers_88k2.jpg

< Message edited by Denniss -- 4/21/2012 1:04:51 PM >

WitE Beta-tester - aircraft data modifications
WitE 1.08 development/testing
WitW aircraft data

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 14
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 4/24/2012 4:59:35 PM   
Bubi Hartmann

Hi Omat,

don't get stressed out by absurd criticism. I never had a problem decompressing your files - could you please make them available again?
Thank you!

Vista, suerte y al toro!

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 15
RE: Airplane Pictures MOD - 4/24/2012 11:28:32 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

(And again)...Please use a modern zip file archiver. It is 100 % zip compatible. The .ZIP File Format Specification documents the following compression methods: stored (no compression), Shrunk, Reduced (methods 1-4), Imploded, Tokenizing, Deflated, Deflate64, bzip2, LZMA (EFS), WavPack, PPMd. The files are compress with LZMA

So if you can not extract than you file archiver do not meets the .ZIP file format specification. So please do not use them..and even do not even spent money for them.

If you still use or spend money for them them...well it is your own decision...

If I split them in many parts I got complains about that point (happend with the leader picture mod). And I do not want a filehoster or buy a own website or something....

I can not please everybody!.

If it is wished I remove this mod. Than there sould be no more complains...

Omat

quote:

Oh, please do not remove your mod because of whining.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Airplane Pictures MOD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI