Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flak added to airfields

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Flak added to airfields Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flak added to airfields - 7/12/2011 8:25:08 AM   
Gewehr43

Is there a way to add flak to airfield units?
Post #: 1
RE: Flak added to airfields - 7/12/2011 9:29:46 AM   
JocMeister

Just attach it as you would a regular SU?

(in reply to Gewehr43)
Post #: 2
RE: Flak added to airfields - 7/12/2011 10:06:46 AM   
davetheroad

Apparently not!
You could stack the airbase in a city hex and attach flak to the city?

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3
RE: Flak added to airfields - 7/12/2011 10:41:40 AM   
JocMeister

You are right! I seem to remember doing it but either it has been taken out or my memory failed me! :)

(in reply to davetheroad)
Post #: 4
RE: Flak added to airfields - 7/12/2011 10:07:42 PM   
Baelfiin

You can attach FlaK to the Luftwaffe HQ's but as far as I can tell you cannot attach them to the airfields.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 5
RE: Flak added to airfields - 7/13/2011 5:52:47 AM   
Gewehr43

With a tactic adopted by my soviet opponent of bombing one airfield 30+ in a row in order to deplete my JG's there is nothing I can do then as simple as flak reinforcement? Sad, at this rate the Soviets will have air superiority in early 1942 at the latest. A full year before any serious such front wide contest could be made... this must be addressed.

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 6
RE: Flak added to airfields - 7/13/2011 6:22:18 AM   
Baelfiin

Try moving your airfields back from the front outside of soviet fighter range and leave a staging base (empty) up close. And take it to the russian air force with airfield attacks of your own. You also have to micro manage the rotation of air units back and forth to the reserve every turn. I have had some success with these tactics, the number of bombing attacks have come way down. Flak doesn't seem to do much from what I can tell, allthough I can't see how many damages I am getting in the battle. I do have my fighter base stacked with a Luftwaffe HQ with almost 400 flak guns.

I feel your pain for sure,

(in reply to Gewehr43)
Post #: 7
RE: Flak added to airfields - 7/13/2011 6:37:05 AM   
Gewehr43

Yeah this is exactly what I've done and I'm recovering nicely by managing the National Reserve pretty well. The Germans still seem to need an additional two JGs to even this all out. The Soviets are too strong too soon. I have destroyed 10,000 aircraft and the only fighter a Me-109 should fear in the slightest is a Yak at this point. I have decided to prioritize ground support as long as the ground troops are advancing and we do own in the skies over the battlefields at the moment. I can just see me taking too much attrition from a supposedly mauled and disorganized Red Air Force when they should be avoiding me at all costs. Aspects of the ground campaign are a bit too pro-Soviet as well. I've been wargameing this campaign for something close to 40 years and these points I'm making aren't because my side is losing, we aren't.

< Message edited by Gewehr43 -- 7/13/2011 6:38:01 AM >

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 8
RE: Flak added to airfields - 7/13/2011 8:03:54 AM   
Baelfiin

Yeah I'm going to try to do that much more diligently in my next game. I think I missed a lot of opportunities early and it is biting me in the ass now

(in reply to Gewehr43)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Flak added to airfields Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI