Downloading Now

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

vonRocko

Downloading Now

Post by vonRocko »

Then going to work![:@]
JudgeDredd

RE: Downloading Now

Post by JudgeDredd »

At work and watching people download [:@]

Plenty of hours in the day [;)]
Alba gu' brath
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Plenty of hours in the day [;)]

It's going to be a long day. I saw the title screen at least![:)] Something to look forward too.
Ken7

Post by Ken7 »

I got mineeeeeeeeeee. Just running through the tutorials now. Looking very nice so far. You guys at work jealous? Hehehehe.
Ken7
colberki

Post by colberki »

Downloading too![:'(]
Josh

Post by Josh »

D/l as we speak. I am a bit excited, will this be a renewed loveaffair? (having played PG ... dunno, 15 years ago?) The screenshots looked promising, so fingers crossed. [:)]
ccsdc83

Post by ccsdc83 »

439 MB was a fast download! 
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

I got it - 128 download rate took nearly an hour [:D] (Not a big download though).

Vanilla 1.0 installed in a breeze and fired up fine - just clicked a quick couple of moves in Poland and I'm...

VERY HAPPY!

Heaven may have just returned to earth.
colberki

Post by colberki »

Slow over here in Singapore [&:]
ccsdc83

Post by ccsdc83 »

Mine was going at 1.9 mb /sec not sure if the downloads are capped? Not complaining thought it took 3 minutes for everything. 
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

I love the breadth of this game going by the scenario selection screen - great voice over too. Man - everything's here down to the good ol' turn advisory screen!

Very late on the east coast of Australia now...

Catch you all later.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

[:)] Downloading via my smartphone. I'll off load to my desktop PC later this evening after work.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Canuck_jp

Post by Canuck_jp »

After playing the first tutorial scenario and starting the second, my impression is that it is a beautiful, beautiful Panzer General wargame. If you've already played PG then you probably won't learn much in the tutorial however if this is your first time then the tutorial is wonderful with a lot of timely popup information. For example if you attack a city and the artillery fires on you then a information box will pop up explaining defensive fire and support units.

I signed up for a multiplayer account. Never tried it but I hear Slitherine has a great multiplayer function.

The big thing for me is the scenario editor. In a word, AWESOME! I have never edited any kind of scenario for any game before and in about 5 minutes I had thrown together a working map. Just choose whatever tileset you want and drop it onto the hex. It seems like you can pretty much make any kind of scenario you want and you don't need to know a single damn thing about programming to do it! That should extend the life of the game a lot if there's some kind of system in place for uploading and downloading user created scenarios!
ccsdc83

Post by ccsdc83 »

I agree totally with canuck it's absolutely flawless and the visuals are beautiful...sounds are top notch as well. This is a great package and it runs smoothly and with ease on my low end netbook!

I want to try the editor out sometime soon as well canuck I like making things more than playing the games sometimes.
Josh

Post by Josh »

ORIGINAL: Canuck35

After playing the first tutorial scenario and starting the second, my impression is that it is a beautiful, beautiful Panzer General wargame. If you've already played PG then you probably won't learn much in the tutorial however if this is your first time then the tutorial is wonderful with a lot of timely popup information. For example if you attack a city and the artillery fires on you then a information box will pop up explaining defensive fire and support units.

That's a plus 1.

[&o]

Well done guys, it looks beautiful, plays smoothly, UI is intuitive, nice music, good tutorial, so all in all a *must buy* for those (ageing LOL) PG players of days gone by. It really is a PG for the 21 century.
Oh, and no bugs so far, no crashes.
ccsdc83

Post by ccsdc83 »

No bugs are crashes for me either so far.

On the harder difficulties the AI is absolutely PUNISHING at times. I was playing Operation Bagration since it was a favorite of mine from PGF and the Soviet Horde steamrolled right through everything. Time to relearn anything you might know and prepare for some real competition even from the AI.
Rudankort

Post by Rudankort »

For the record, Bagration is one of the most difficult scenarios in the game. But it is winnable in single scenario mode, I played it myself yesterday. And in campaign mode it should be even easier than that.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Playing game, so far I love what I see. Thanks Matrix/Slitherine.

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Ok, I'm getting to play some now, and I like what I see! Very nostalgic and very much FUN! Thanks Matrix/Slitherine.[8D]
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

You guys are lucky! My download will not start. I get the option to "Run or Save" and the progress dialog box pops up but it never actually starts. Sounds like they seriously underestimated the demand for this one [&:]

Edit: I kept trying and on the 11th attempt its starting to download so keep trying if yours does not start.

Kevin
Kevin Verdon

Return to “Panzer Corps”