From: St.Petersburg, Russia
ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Ideas and problems are now being solicited. Anybody got anything to add to the list?
- Earlier introduction of Irving/Nick as nightfighters and earlier availability of night fighting units. Technology was there earlier, at least for their initial models, need was lesser than it is in AE. Although if the night A2A will remain as skewed towards bombers as it is, this will help little.
On the other hand, what I read since then suggests that Zero and Judy nightfighter versions were just (unsuccessful) field modifications, which shouldn't even be in the game.
- Ki-67 should use Ha-42 engine.
- A7M maneurability seems a bit underrated in the game, its power loading was relatively poor, justifying unimpressive topspeed, but its wing loading was the best among late-war Japanese planes. Test pilots too reported that it can beat late A6Ms in maneurabilility. A7M3 should not be carrier-capable, though, it was not supposed to have folding wings.
- Maybe making planes like Ki-51 and Ki-36 consume no engines, if this won't break them. The historical reason for building them was cheapness, but in AE you just can crank out more Oscars at the same price, which do ground support and kamikaze missions better.
- Tone down the number of 100/65 DP guns installed during upgrades a bit. In particular, none of them on old battleships, CVEs, Aobas and Furutakas (the old cruisers don't even have space for their installation, and this might be true for CVEs as well), and wait until 1944 to use them on Kongos/Nagatos. The current scale of IJN rearmament is too tremendous.
- Corrections to displacements and speeds of Japanese ships, like those I'm doing for the Perfect War)
< Message edited by FatR -- 12/4/2011 12:20:28 PM >