Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit oddities:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Unit oddities: Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit oddities: - 7/7/2011 7:17:17 AM   
Lieste

I note that when a vehicle starts with AArm and Apers ammunition it will fire both at a mixed target which has no 'reported' armour - whether by intel failure or by the destruction of all armour. (Save available)

As previously noted, the vehicle will continue displaying 'firing' markers in the lower bar even when all ammunition (both main gun and MG) has been expended, and these two cases may be similar in cause.

On merging of units, the element count increases (eg 3.84 Flak and 2.84 Flak merge, the strength of 2.84 was 7 guns, and on merging it is increased to full strength (or more?) the Estab pane shows 2+8 2cm, 2cm vierling, but the Gen tab is still only showing 7 'guns') - as the disbanded unit hadn't lost the remaining 3+ weapons, they cannot be 'destroyed' for the purposes of the AAR reporting. (Save available)
Example scenario has KG Peiper with 100 guns present. On total destruction of unit the normal 'bag' is 73-75 guns, despite many being merged into the equipment holdings of other elements.

I'm still seeing a lot of the converse as well, a unit taking casualties removing all AFV or Guns from the Estab pane, showing 1 AFV/Gun in the General pane. This might be related to the AArm fire on non-armoured stub unit?

< Message edited by Lieste -- 7/7/2011 7:22:50 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unit oddities: - 7/14/2011 6:29:57 PM   
Lieste

Some odd unit counts of guns and afvs where there are assault guns and armoured mortars or flak.

These types all count as non afv/soft vehicle, even though their armour value is included in the unit total. I think it might cause some unintentional additional losses.

Take the example of the US company (tank). Here we have:
11 Sherman 75 (tank-AFV)
3 Sherman 76 (tank-AFV)
3 Sherman Jumbo (tank-AFV)
1 Sherman 105 (AssaultGun - vehicle)
AFV count = 17, soft skin = 1, but armour value is correct for all 18.

The 105 is (nearly?) always lost when a single armour casualty has been taken (in addition to the lost tank), as it seems to be treated as a fractional loss on PersQ.

Similar things are seen with StuG and Light Armoured Support units in general. The Germans rely heavily on this type of unit - much of their 'armour' and support strength lies in these vehicles which look to be double-dipped with losses both from AArm fire and as a direct proportion of total PersQ. As they are not AFV, the PersQ might not be protected fully either. This might go some way to explaining the generally poor showing Stug put up.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Unit oddities: Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI