Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Europa Road To War

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Europa Road To War Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Europa Road To War - 7/6/2011 6:09:20 PM   
mgaffn1

Just placed my scenario on the community site - it's set in Europe in 1930's and is an "alternate" history, intended primarily for solitaire play, but suitable for multiple players too.
features include:
* 10 regimes (Germany, Soviet Union, Anglo French Alliance, Italy, Balkan Confederacy, Spain, Norway/Sweden/Finland, The Ottomans, Baltic States, Western Europe Neutrals)
* leaders
* weather turned on
* oil/raw turned on
* AI allies for human player
* 22 new graphics for SFTypes + some new SFTypes

enjoy,[image][/image]

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Europa Road To War - 7/6/2011 7:37:05 PM   
Webizen

I get an 'unhandled exception" error when I click the 'start turn' button. (using ATG 2.06b/64bit Win7)

Part of the error message:
"System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)"

EDIT: I suspect you have hard coded a file path somewhere. My ATG was installed in a 'C:\Games' folder. I uninstalled and reinstalled into the default 'C:\Matrix Games' folder and after that did not experience the unhandled exception error.

< Message edited by Webizen -- 7/6/2011 8:32:08 PM >

Tac2i

(in reply to mgaffn1)
Post #: 2
RE: Europa Road To War - 7/6/2011 7:50:36 PM   
ernieschwitz

Hmmm... that´s interesting, cause i don´t. (Using WinXP Yeah i don´t like new stuff :P)

Anyway, i think it seems to be quite an interesting scenario. I think I will spend many hours playing it. It looks alittle like my own scenario Europe 1933 for AT, and Twebers European Diplomacy scenario... But those where never designed to be played against the AI. Also i like the new graphics. I looked at "Thor" and thought, wow, cool...

So definately a thumbs up from me, so far...

< Message edited by ernieschwitz -- 7/6/2011 8:30:14 PM >

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 3
RE: Europa Road To War - 7/7/2011 12:21:04 AM   
82ndtrooper

sounds great I will have to check this out

HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 4
RE: Europa Road To War - 7/7/2011 4:37:23 PM   
zzmzzm

Like this Mod and begin to try it.

(in reply to 82ndtrooper)
Post #: 5
RE: Europa Road To War - 7/7/2011 6:01:22 PM   
mgaffn1

I look forward to hearing how this plays for you guys. Depending on my time available (and level of fatigue) there might be updated versions released in the future (I REALLY want to create a Panther graphic for the medium tank 4, as well as one or two other pieces of "eye candy").
My expertise is with art & graphics, much less so than coding or programing. Creating the map, the graphics, & the new SFTypes & research fields, while time consuming, was easy enough to understand. What I decided not to tackle was events and cards - in spite of the excellent tutorials out there, this hasn't "clicked" for me yet. In the sprit of the community website I hope people will take this mod and make their own versions that feature events and game cards, different SFTypes, whatever they want.
cheers, & happy modding --

Mike

(in reply to zzmzzm)
Post #: 6
RE: Europa Road To War - 7/7/2011 8:55:29 PM   
lion_of_judah

when you add staff into the Rommel unit does this help increase the bonuses or is it better to just upgrade the leader units instead?

(in reply to mgaffn1)
Post #: 7
RE: Europa Road To War - 7/7/2011 11:07:33 PM   
mgaffn1

better to upgrade (or "promote" ) your leaders. Their bonuses are considerably higher than regular staff. Adding staff will only dilute their bonus.

The leaders are designed to be operational leaders, commanding small groups of units in combat. When you promote them, their bonus goes up, as does the number of units they can command. To promote your leaders, however, they need to have 70 or 80 experience points - but don't worry, you'll get there pretty quick.

Mike

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 8
RE: Europa Road To War - 7/8/2011 8:01:22 AM   
zzmzzm

I feel the map could be better and the road is too little.
Malta is not exist?

(in reply to mgaffn1)
Post #: 9
RE: Europa Road To War - 7/9/2011 8:21:52 AM   
lion_of_judah

how do they do for mobilizing units?

(in reply to mgaffn1)
Post #: 10
RE: Europa Road To War - 7/9/2011 2:43:10 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

I get an 'unhandled exception" error when I click the 'start turn' button. (using ATG 2.06b/64bit Win7)

Part of the error message:
"System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)"

EDIT: I suspect you have hard coded a file path somewhere. My ATG was installed in a 'C:\Games' folder. I uninstalled and reinstalled into the default 'C:\Matrix Games' folder and after that did not experience the unhandled exception error.

i just tried this scenario and i did not get any error either.

can somebody who does get the error give me the full error message?

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Europa Road To War Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI