Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ATGWiki- Questions about Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> ATGWiki- Questions about Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ATGWiki- Questions about Editor - 7/4/2011 4:12:51 AM   
springer

As I work through the editor, there are many functions I know little about. To write a decent guide, I'm going to need help, so if anybody in the AT/ATG community has the answer to these, please let me know.

Here's the first one (of many):

How does the Graphics Override option in the Landscape Window Work? I've messed with it and it superficially looks like the z value is a priority variable that determines which landscape type will flow into the other when they abut. However, the mechanism is not clear, I have trouble getting to work consistently.

(Also, I'm not sure what the difference is between the two + buttons is.)

All help would be greatly appreciated!
Post #: 1
RE: ATGWiki- Questions about Editor - 7/4/2011 6:02:04 PM   
Vic

I want to help with the docu of the editor... and current topic is to be honest one of the most arcane parts of the editor....

For regular landscapes borders / overdrawing:
-the z value determines the order in which landscapes borders from any neighbouring hex are overdrawn.. So neighbouring landscapes with a high z value are overdrawn later then those with a low z value. ( so you can for example specify for swamp borders to be first be drawn giving them a low z and then forest borders giving them a higher z)

For prehex graphics the z factor has a slightly different effect:
-only neighbouring landscapes with a prehex landscape specified with a z higher then the prehex landscape of the hex in question are overdrawn. (to avoid mud overdrawing neighbouring snow hex and snow overdrawing neighbouring mud hex for example)

Difference between the 2 + buttons is the one creates a completely new landscapes and  the other makes a new landscape type based on a copy of your currently selected landscape.

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to springer)
Post #: 2
RE: ATGWiki- Questions about Editor - 7/5/2011 6:28:45 AM   
springer

Thank you very much Vic.

Once it is explained, it makes sense. I'll play with it a bit more to see if I'm getting it and then put it in the guide.

I'm not sure I'll be able to pursue the editor for a month or so, but as soon as I get back. I'll pick it up.
If anybody else has time, please feel free to work on the editor guide!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> ATGWiki- Questions about Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI