Losses

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Dennistoun

Losses

Post by Dennistoun »

Is there anyway to keep a check of the cumulative PO's losses (for a scenario and not individual combat)as well as my own? I take it that the only way to know my losses is with the Inventory and Replacements report but how do I get to know my PO enemy's?
Oberst_Klink

RE: Losses

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: teddy

Is there anyway to keep a check of the cumulative PO's losses (for a scenario and not individual combat)as well as my own? I take it that the only way to know my losses is with the Inventory and Replacements report but how do I get to know my PO enemy's?

You can turn the sitrep log on or use 'Onkel' Larry's (Larry Fulkerson) incerdible Combat Loss Viewer (CLV). *see below*; if you got time for micromanagement or like in the old days of the C=64 (oh well... Kampfgruppe, etc.) make a list *handwritten* of all the tanks your lads blew up. If you need the CLV, cos' the 'Onkel' is too busy playing WITE, drop me a line.

kLinK, Oberst

Attachments
CLV.jpg
CLV.jpg (128.33 KiB) Viewed 247 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Dennistoun

Post by Dennistoun »

Thanks Oberst, I'll give that a try.
xnavytc

Post by xnavytc »

Where can i go to download the Combat Loss viewer?
TC ET1(SS)
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: xnavytc

Where can i go to download the Combat Loss viewer?
You can PM larryfulkerson aka Onkel Larry. He got the latest version, because he's the brain behind it. There was a thread somewhere, don't remember where and when... If not email me and I gonna send you the version I got.

kLiNk, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Sprocket62

Post by Sprocket62 »

Here's the thread for the loss calculator, I think this is what your looking for.

tm.asp?m=2711227&mpage=1&key=?

Or, during the PO's turn pause the game by right clicking on the map, choose "Neither" for computer controlled player. At that point you should be able to pull up the PO's Inventory and Replacement list. Then resume the game. I believe this is the way Mr Fulkerson put together the lists for his AAR For D21.
Attachments
T11 losses.gif
T11 losses.gif (84.89 KiB) Viewed 253 times
Sprocket62
Sprocket62

Post by Sprocket62 »

The attachment in the previous post is a cut and past of both sides lists. There is no way that I know of to pull up both lists together.

Attachments
T11 losses.gif
T11 losses.gif (84.89 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Sprocket62
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Sprocket62

The attachment in the previous post is a cut and past of both sides lists. There is no way that I know of to pull up both lists together.

Happy 4th Stevo! Alas, don't encourage the lad to use the tool as a kinda 'ENIGMA' or Bletchley Park tool to spy, uh?

kLiNk, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Sprocket62

Post by Sprocket62 »

Hi Klaus. Happy 4th to all. Sorry about the 2 images in a row, I meant to edit the original, not copy iit

All of this stuff is in the reports, it's easier than cutting and pasting to a spreadsheet. Personally, I'd rather not know the exact condition of my opponent. Takes away from the "Fog of War'. This is something I figured out while reading Larry's great " A How To for Beginners" post.

P.S. How's your visit going? Still in Virginia?
Sprocket62
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Sprocket62

Hi Klaus. Happy 4th to all. Sorry about the 2 images in a row, I meant to edit the original, not copy iit

All of this stuff is in the reports, it's easier than cutting and pasting to a spreadsheet. Personally, I'd rather not know the exact condition of my opponent. Takes away from the "Fog of War'. This is something I figured out while reading Larry's great " A How To for Beginners" post.

P.S. How's your visit going? Still in Virginia?
Baltimore, MD atm, but going to head west again to my mountain retreat in WV ;)
My Blog & on Twitter.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”