Couple of questions

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

newmanovci

Couple of questions

Post by newmanovci »

Couple of minor things I can't find either in the manual or here on the forum: when you select Instant Battle, how does the game handle reinforcements? And how can you build forts in Fredericksburg? I can see that the Nov '61 scenario starts with three there, but there's no city, so how can I build them in the July '61 scenario?

Thanks.
terje439

RE: Couple of questions

Post by terje439 »

Unless memory serves me wrong, armies can build forts I think.
Sorry cannot help with IC as I never use that.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
newmanovci

Post by newmanovci »

Thanks Terje. I did look to build via armies, but I could only see the Engineering Options of 'Siege' and 'Repair Fort'. Maybe I just didn't have enough resources.

I'm mostly playing my campaign out using Detailed Battles, but on occasion I've considered the option of Instant. I'm guessing that reinforcements aren't 'auto-called'.
newmanovci

Post by newmanovci »

You're right Terje: I checked and armies can indeed build forts. Thanks.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”