Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 6/26/2011 5:20:37 AM   
lancer

G'day,

quote:

ExecChangePeopleProdMod [new](People#,PeopleGroupOwner#,New Prod Mod in %,Which ProdMod? 1,2,3,4?)

Q1: If I want to raise the level of regimes production by 10% I'm do this ...

ExecChangePeopleProdMod (Gameslot_Player_People(#60),Gameslot_Player_Regime(#18),110,1)

with no noticeable effect.

Q2: The last variable (I've got it set to '1' for no particular reason) can apparently be 1,2,3 or 4. What do these refer too?

Q3: As far as I can figure out there is no way to change the production level of an individual site (city, factory, shipyard), you can only make the above global change to the entire regime. Have I missed something?

And a couple of non-related questions...

Q4: How many lines of script can the Editor handle in a single event before it chokes?

Q5: Can the ATG engine handle units having greater than 100 AP's (player only)?

Q6: From what I can see the only way to have persistent text strings is through stringlists as Gameslot variables can only deal with integers. Is this correct?

Cheers,
Lancer
Post #: 1
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 6/26/2011 8:06:31 AM   
Grymme

q1-2) When you set it to check for a gameslot it checks for that gameslot. In this case nr 60. Unless that gameslot is set to something like 110 (110%) it will have no effect. Instead of checking for a gameslot i suggest you just set it to a real number, for example 110 for 110%. As for the 1,2,3,4 thing in ATG you can have 4 different production slots. I have not seen this feature being used yet. I am guessing here but nr 1 should be the default one.

q3) If you want this effect you can have several locations such as city,city,city,city (producing say 5,10,15 and 20K). Then you use the execchangelocation command to change it from one location to another).

q4) I dont know how many but i have used more than 1 000 lines with no problems. In a scenario with more than 100 events.

q5) Yes. There is an exec that can be used to give units more or less AP but there is also a setting in the SFT window called Actionpointmod where a unit can be given more than 100 APs to start with.

q6) I have no idea since i havent worked a lot with strings.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 2
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 6/26/2011 8:43:14 AM   
lancer

G'day Grymme,

quote:

q1-2) When you set it to check for a gameslot it checks for that gameslot. In this case nr 60. Unless that gameslot is set to something like 110 (110%) it will have no effect. Instead of checking for a gameslot i suggest you just set it to a real number, for example 110 for 110%. As for the 1,2,3,4 thing in ATG you can have 4 different production slots. I have not seen this feature being used yet. I am guessing here but nr 1 should be the default one.

Thanks for your help but I'm still confused.

The first two variables in the exec are asking for People# and the PeopleGroupOwner#. I'm assuming that these refer to the People and Regime numbers. The third variable is for the new production level which I've set to 110 (eg. +10%).

The 1,2,3,4 might refer to the four seperate production slots for each location that has production capability but why is a function that supposedly deals with the global production for a regime messing about with individual slots?

quote:

q3) If you want this effect you can have several locations such as city,city,city,city (producing say 5,10,15 and 20K). Then you use the execchangelocation command to change it from one location to another).

So I'd have to define four seperate city Location types with four different production values and then overwrite the existing city LT with the new one according to what level of production I want.

O.K, this would do what I want but it might open up other issues (name of city, allocated HQ, existing production). Interesting though.

quote:

q4) I dont know how many but i have used more than 1 000 lines with no problems. In a scenario with more than 100 events.

A thousand lines would be ample. Didn't want to crank out a big event only to find I ran out of space halfway through.

Cheers,

Lancer

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 3
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 6/26/2011 9:26:33 AM   
Grymme

I think i used some unclear language

q1-2) Its not people and regime. Its people and PEOPLEGROUP. There are peoples and then there are peoplegroups. You could for example have Axis and Allies as peoplegroups and then germans, italians, japanese etc as axis peoples. So when a related people own a hex its better than a non related. So the first settings should be people and peoplegroup. As for the 1,2,3,4 slots i dont think it refers to the productionslots its 4 different kind of slots for production. Its difficult to explain other than that its similar to gamevars. But i am not sure about this. But you should probably put in a 1 here.

q3) You could just make 4 copies of the same location and keep everything the same but the production numbers. It could be done in 10 secs. Another way to do it is have different peoples (russians 1,2,3,4,5) with different production mods and then instead change the people of the location.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 4
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 6/26/2011 11:15:13 AM   
lancer

G'day,

So we have regimes, people and people groups. Fair enough.

I'm modding random games and I don't know these values prior to the start of the game.

There are checks for regime and people but not one - that I can see - for people group.

Any ideas how I could determine this?

quote:

q3) You could just make 4 copies of the same location and keep everything the same but the production numbers. It could be done in 10 secs. Another way to do it is have different peoples (russians 1,2,3,4,5) with different production mods and then instead change the people of the location.

O.K, sounds good.

Thanks,

Lancer

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 5
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 6/26/2011 3:31:11 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: lancer
G'day,

quote:

ExecChangePeopleProdMod [new](People#,PeopleGroupOwner#,New Prod Mod in %,Which ProdMod? 1,2,3,4?)

Q1: If I want to raise the level of regimes production by 10% I'm do this ...

ExecChangePeopleProdMod (Gameslot_Player_People(#60),Gameslot_Player_Regime(#18),110,1)

with no noticeable effect.

Q2: The last variable (I've got it set to '1' for no particular reason) can apparently be 1,2,3 or 4. What do these refer too?

Re. Q1, Q2: I use ExecChangePeopleProd [old]. The difference is this. With ATG item types could be set to be different prod types. That is type 1, 2, 3 or 4. In standard AT(WW2), there was only prod types 1. The [old] exec only uses prod type 1.

So the 1, 2, 3 or 4s refer to the people groups production of a particular item. This can be useful if you say want PPs to be produced at the same rate if conquered, but standard equipment to be produced at less rate if conquered. I believe this is what is done in standard ATG (random games).

If you are only using one prod type, like most AT scenarios (or ATG WaW) then using the old exec is better.

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 6
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 6/26/2011 3:36:24 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: lancer
Q5: Can the ATG engine handle units having greater than 100 AP's (player only)?

I have dabbled abit with this. What i wanted to do was to give some air types more action points so they would get greater range, and thus better intercept range. This doesn´t work. I talked alittle with Vic about it. Apparantly Intercept range is calculated by readiness, and not action points available. Readiness does not increase even if action points are above 100. So i had to scrap that idea.

What are you going to use more than 100 AP´s for?

I think that 200 AP´s are used in Twebers WaW for ATG scenario Russia 41. Here on the first turn you get double move. I think that is achieved by giving units 200 APs.

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 7
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 6/27/2011 2:17:59 AM   
lancer

G'day,

I've got the prodMod exec working now. Experimenting with different locations. Thanks all for your help.

quote:

What are you going to use more than 100 AP´s for?

Thinking of doing another mod for random games. I'm giving the engine a friendly prod to see what is and isn't feasible.

Cheers,
Lancer

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 8
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 10/18/2012 6:16:04 PM   
Veni

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'd like to solicit some help/clarification with the ExecChangePeopleProd [new] before I futz around with it too much.

First, I'm assuming the 'Which ProdMod? 1,2,3,4?' part of the Exec alters the respective 'ProdMod', 'ProdMod2', 'ProdMod3' and 'ProdMod4' values found in the 'Owned by Peoplegroup modifiers' matrix on the Ppl screen of the editor. Is this assumption correct?

Second, since the Exec requests a % input, I'm not clear if firing this Exec resets or modifies the existing value. So for example, say I first use the Exec to change a value initially set to '1' by 66%, the value would then become .66. If I subsequently change the value by 50%, would it then be set to .5 or .33 (.66 multiplied by .5)?

Finally, let's say I get an itch to use the ExecChangePeopleProd [old]. Would firing this Exec affect ALL Item Types, or only those whose 'UseProdMod' value is set to '0' on the Item screen of the editor?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 9
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 10/18/2012 7:14:32 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veni

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'd like to solicit some help/clarification with the ExecChangePeopleProd [new] before I futz around with it too much.

First, I'm assuming the 'Which ProdMod? 1,2,3,4?' part of the Exec alters the respective 'ProdMod', 'ProdMod2', 'ProdMod3' and 'ProdMod4' values found in the 'Owned by Peoplegroup modifiers' matrix on the Ppl screen of the editor. Is this assumption correct?

Yes.

quote:

Second, since the Exec requests a % input, I'm not clear if firing this Exec resets or modifies the existing value. So for example, say I first use the Exec to change a value initially set to '1' by 66%, the value would then become .66. If I subsequently change the value by 50%, would it then be set to .5 or .33 (.66 multiplied by .5)?

quote:

Finally, let's say I get an itch to use the ExecChangePeopleProd [old]. Would firing this Exec affect ALL Item Types, or only those whose 'UseProdMod' value is set to '0' on the Item screen of the editor?

Only those set to '0'.

(in reply to Veni)
Post #: 10
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 10/18/2012 7:36:21 PM   
Veni

Perfect! Now I can sally forth, mwuhaha ...

ernieschwitz, thanks for the quick response!

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 11
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 10/19/2012 8:41:51 PM   
Twotribes

Where is this variable in the editor?

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 12
RE: ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? - 10/20/2012 6:14:38 PM   
Veni

TwoTribes:

There are three relevant screens in the editor to the above:
1) Ppl When you click on one of the 'peoples' on the left, the people production matrix appears below (you can set variables here, and/or alter them by scripting an event [see 3) below]).
2) Item Types: On the left is a listing of all Item Types; when you select one, all relevant info appears on right (esp 'UseProdMod')
3) Event: this is where you make the magic happen!!

Also, it took me a long time to realize that you need to disable the Masterfile via the Settings screen in order to edit the above (just click on the button for masterfile & hit 'cancel').

Cheers!

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> ExecChangePeopleProdMod (new) ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI