Developer Support?

Can the Blitzkrieg be stopped? Across the Dnepr: Second Edition revisits a classic on a new system. Created from the ground up as an expansion for SSG’s latest acclaimed game engine, Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets, the Second Edition of Across the Dnepr includes Areas of Operations, the latest AI programming and multiple Mystery Variants to keep gamers guessing. Also includes 3 free scenarios in addition to the Across the Dnepr mega-scenario: Operation Husky, Operation Konrad and Kirovograd
sabre1

Developer Support?

Post by sabre1 »

Why is there no developer support from this company?

Did they go out of business?

SSG was a premier wargame developer, and then poof, they are gone.

Matrix offers no explanation of the lack of support, and I don't understand why.

Even on the SSG forums it is almost dead.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
sth1119

RE: Developer Support?

Post by sth1119 »

Very good question. I recently purchased "kharkov", i have a copy of "korsun Pocket" which i was relearning; this made me take the plug for the new purchase. I had looked over the forums and noticed little to no activity.

Kharkov is a great game. I have wondered why SSG hasn't improved a little more on the graphic resolution and maybe incorporated some 'mouse-over' help in the controls.

Still, i bought it, and am considering 'Across the Denpr - second edition' (with seasonal discount).
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

Unfortunately, Ian Trout, one of the two lead designers at SSG, passed away a few months ago after an extended illness, which explains in large measure the silence over at SSG. I haven't heard anything definitive on whether SSG will continue, although I certainly hope it does---- I just purchased Kharkov myself in the sale, and am beginning to remember just how good the Decisive Battles series was.
sth1119

Post by sth1119 »

Wow, my sympathies with regard to Ian Trout and his family. He will be very much missed.

i really am enjoying Kharkov, am about to add dnepr second addition; maybe even battlefront ( afterall it is christmas).
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Just remember to play the tutorial "before" you add the expansion.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
sth1119

Post by sth1119 »

Thanks, I did plav the tutorial before hand and it still seems to working after the install of the expansion. Will post if I see the issue.
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Yeah, very sad that he passed away. I have read that the other guys intend to continue the company but we will see.

The games are very very good, fun vs AI and even better vs PBEM.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

I have read that there is a Kharkov follow up in the works, along with a new Carriers at War also being worked on. All this I gleaned off the SSG forums at Run5.

God only knows why they don't let people know themselves...
Templer_12

run5 forum status

Post by Templer_12 »

I'm asking about this detour here: Is there still life on the run5 forum?
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

RE: run5 forum status

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

Nothing apart from a couple of old sweats playing mini tournaments. No other people chatting, no developers to be seen...

Erik Rutins was supposedly going to talk to SSG, but nothing new to date on that front...

Return to “Across the Dnepr - Second Edition”