Angriff

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Manu

Angriff

Post by Manu »

Dima and Manoi are proud to announce you that we are working on a new version of the Stalingrad mod. It will not be a simple "portage" of the old mod to the new versions of Close Combat but a whole new experience : a new stratmap, 64 new more historical maps, improved graphics, new BG and new data.

A little appetizer for you : the preview of 2 new maps (compared to the old ones) Be aware that the new maps are in progress and are far to be finished!

The old West Stalingrad becomes The distillery map

old west stalingrd map

new distillery map

Minina

old Minina map

new one

I will try to make a regular diary of the progress and let you participate with your suggestions, ideas and ENCOURAGEMENTS! ;

Preview images of full maps will be rather rare but I will let you see more often litte detailed parts of them. I will not work as before : for the first version have I drawn and coded maps after maps. Now I will draw all the maps and then code them. So it will be possible to correct all the maps during the process of mapmaking as I need to improve myself in some graphical technique (I'm for the moment always trying some technique to render the dirt roads, the balkas or gullies, the vegetation (I plan to make 10 to 15 sorts of trees) - the canvas and textures for buildings are now satifying, note that the buildings will be purely 2D (no isometric view) but will be so perceivable as possible ---> all the 2 or more levels buildings will have stairs depicted by sample).

Don't ask when it will be finished! I hope for the 70th anniversary of the Stalingrad battle but it is not sure (the big difference now compared with 6 years ago is that I have a child now, so less time to draw).

Thanks for your attention! ;)
Attachments
westSt.jpg
westSt.jpg (59.54 KiB) Viewed 186 times
Tejszd

RE: Angriff

Post by Tejszd »

Great news Dima and Manoi!!!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”