Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rivers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Rivers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rivers - 6/18/2011 12:50:10 PM   
Jafele

Hi to everyone. Is there some way to identify clearly major and minor rivers on the map?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Rivers - 6/18/2011 1:07:28 PM   
Keke

It would be really useful.

Jyri

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 2
RE: Rivers - 6/19/2011 5:07:38 PM   
phatkarp

There are major and minor rivers?!?  What is the difference?

(in reply to Keke)
Post #: 3
RE: Rivers - 6/20/2011 10:48:30 PM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: phatkarp

There are major and minor rivers?!?  What is the difference?

According to the manual it affects to movement, combat and EP to blow bridges. There are not many specific details.

In the Wiki I´ve found this:

There are major and minor rivers. They give negative combat modifiers to an attacker when attacking over a river hex border into another hex. The penalties are most heavy on tanks. Penalties do always apply, but they are lighter with minor rivers and also lighter if a bridge is still intact over the river. A river without a bridge will also cause heavy penalties on movement since a river crossing is never an easy feat.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 6/20/2011 10:58:20 PM >

(in reply to phatkarp)
Post #: 4
RE: Rivers - 6/25/2011 3:47:03 PM   
Jafele

To build a bridge over a minor river costs 50 EP, over a major one 100 EP. Minor rivers go in zigzag, while major ones are more lineal.

However, in the Landscape stats are called "River" and "Stream". I suppose that there are no "major rivers" since they should be impassable for almost all units.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 6/26/2011 12:10:26 PM >

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 5
RE: Rivers - 6/27/2011 3:19:20 AM   
Zaratoughda

In AT one problem was you couldn't tell the difference between minor and major rivers, but in ATG, the major rivers seem to me to be clearly wider than the minor rivers so, it seems pretty obvious to me.

Zaratoughda

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 6
RE: Rivers - 6/27/2011 6:54:04 PM   
Westheim

Rivers and streams were easily distinguishable in AT. Big rivers were dark blue, while small rivers were in a lighter blue and a little thinner. But I always mixed up the names. Rivers are bigger ones, I think, but literally translated into German, it should be reversed.

Don't be scared - I'm almost sure that I just want to play!

(in reply to Zaratoughda)
Post #: 7
RE: Rivers - 6/28/2011 7:44:07 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Westheim

Rivers and streams were easily distinguishable in AT. ... But I always mixed up the names. Rivers are bigger ones, I think, but literally translated into German, it should be reversed.

We should be able to edit such names for our own sakes.

(in reply to Westheim)
Post #: 8
RE: Rivers - 6/28/2011 8:04:18 PM   
ernieschwitz

You already can :)

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 9
RE: Rivers - 7/1/2011 10:42:59 PM   
Zaratoughda

Westheim.... it is possible it was TOAW I was thinking about but... I don't think so. I did a combo graphic mod for AT and ended up using the rivers from one graphic package and the streams from another, just so they would be easily distingusihable.

When this first surfaced there were a lot of posters that didn't even realize that there were BOTH rivers and streams in the game, they were just that similar.

Hmmmm... I don't remember you posting here when this was going on. Maybe this problem was fixed with an update and you never saw it.

Zaratoughda

(in reply to Westheim)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Rivers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI