I only dabble with the editor, but your posts prompted me to try and figure out how to do what you suggested.
You are now programming events:
To change the start date and the number of days each turn represents:
1. go into the editor
2. click the event button
3. the go to event "4) First round: set year and date".
4. Click the line with the variable ExecDateMode (1,31)
5. Now go to the bottom of the screen to the EXECTYPE button, but don't click it.
6. Click on the second button after the wordExecDateMode. You will then go to another screen
7. Click the "real number" button and type 1. This will change ExceDateMode(1,1).
(ExecDateMode sets the length of a turn. (1,1) makes the game one turn long. (the first integer designates whether time is kept as rounds or dates, the second is the length between dates).)
Then set ExecChangeDate (1,1,1,) to whatever you want the format is ExecChangeDate (Day, Month, Year). following the same steps.
(If you really want to explore events, click the EXECTYPE button, you will find both variables in the "Game" category, and they can be changed there as well.
To give a regime PP
1. Click the EXECTYPE button for any variable. You may be taken to another screen, which is called "SetExecType".
2. Just go to the panel on the top right, which is called "Exec Categories",
3. Click on "Regime, People, Research", you will then see a variable called ExecGiveRegimePP (1,1). ( First number is regime number, second is PP given).
(I didn't look to see if is already in one of the events or whether you would have to code the event yourself.)
Best of luck...
[6/16/2011- afternoon: updated as per Adam's comments below]
< Message edited by springer -- 6/16/2011 10:32:12 PM >