Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New to CCLSA--a few queries

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> New to CCLSA--a few queries Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New to CCLSA--a few queries - 6/14/2011 10:10:53 PM   
Javolenus

Hi There,

And apologies if the following "newbie" queries have been covered elsewhere.

I recently started playing this game and also CCMT. I have a few queries that--as far as I know--aren't covered in the manual(s):

1. The BG screen (where you add teams to your battle group) seems to allow for up to 5 BGs (there are numbers along the top of the screen, going 1 to 5). But how does this feature work? I mean, you can only play with one BG, containing up to 15 teams, yes? I'm just a bit confused. It's the same in CCMT--there appears to be 5 BG 'slots', but how is this feature meant to be used? I mean, when you create a custom scenario, the game tells you to add deployment markers for all five groups--why is that? Have I missed something really obvious here?!

2. Are the weapons modelled on real life? What I mean is, do they have unique properties relating to accuracy, range, penetration, rate of fire etc? How is this modelled?

3. Are there any qualitative differences between nationalities, or are they all "equal", so to speak (i.e. no difference between German, Polish, US, UK soldiers)?

4. It is possible to have reinforcements in custom single battles? If so, how do you do this?

5. Are they any tips or tricks to custom scenario design to make the AI more aggressive? I ask because, in CCMT, the AI seems pretty passive.

6. Finally, how do experienced players feel that LSA stands up to CCMT?

Again, apolgies if these questions offend anyone, and many thanks in advance for replies.

< Message edited by Javolenus -- 6/14/2011 10:12:36 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: New to CCLSA--a few queries - 6/14/2011 10:57:47 PM   
xe5

1. CCMT allows for up to 10 players. Each side can have 5 BGs. When a CCMT scenario is played solo (single player vs computer AI) only the #1 BGs on each side are used.

2. Much effort has been made to model CC weapons on their real world equivalents. However, players still find ample cause to debate in-game weapon characteristics. You can download all the data files used in CCMT [ /Data/Base ] and view them as spreadsheets. The same LSA data spreadsheets (aka Workbook) have not been made available. But, for the most part, you can paste the LSA data into the CC-TLD workbook.

3. Yes, eg. see the team Morale and Experience values in the data workbooks.

4. Reinforcement is only available in the limited distribution US military version - CC Anti-Terrorism and Joint Terminal Air Controller (AT/JTAC)

5. Not much you easily can do in CCMT to motivate the AI.

6. As a game, LSA is much better executed than CCMT. CCMT is the "civilian" version of CC Marines (CCM), predecessor to AT/JTAC. CCM & AT/JTAC were intended to be played as multi-player training simulations (sans AI).

(in reply to Javolenus)
Post #: 2
RE: New to CCLSA--a few queries - 6/15/2011 6:41:10 AM   
Javolenus

Hi xe5 and again, many thanks for a very informative reply. Thanks to this info I've got a much better understanding of things--I really appreciate the help. From my own very limited experience, CC:LSA seems a more polished or 'fuller' game. That said, I still like CCMT--when the AI decides to join it! Thanks again for your help.

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 3
RE: New to CCLSA--a few queries - 6/15/2011 6:16:22 PM   
xe5

A correction to CCMT's lineage - its the commercial version of CC RAF, an 'improved' CCM done for the RAF Regiment. Road to Baghdad (RTB) was the quite abominable 'civilian' issue of CCM. AFAIK, no public mention has been made of doing AT/JTAC for general release.

(in reply to Javolenus)
Post #: 4
RE: New to CCLSA--a few queries - 6/15/2011 11:01:54 PM   
Andrew Williams

CCMT is based on CCM5 as it was more advanced than CCRAF

i know because I made the choice.

:)

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 5
RE: New to CCLSA--a few queries - 6/28/2011 6:19:30 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

Will the juicy bits of the military training games (specifically the very detailed unit menus) be in the next release?

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> New to CCLSA--a few queries Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI