Climates

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

Zaratoughda

Climates

Post by Zaratoughda »

Just thought I'd post some thoughts on this one.

Saw it in the opponents wanted section that one group was going to play with the sub-tropic/tropic climate with some other options and thought I give this a try and...

The big thing about using this option is the cities that are put into the game when using this option tend to be concentrated on the northern half of the map. The other thing, is the terrain on the bottom half, tends to be much more difficult particularly for armored actions.

Thus, not necessarily a good choice for a PBM game as those that get a starting capital in a game with this option deep in the bottom half of the map (the tropic part), essentially 'just got screwed' and will have a difficult time competing (particularly if you are going with the 'no roads' option as this group was).

For a PBM game, might be better to go with no climate or, full range.

Was thinking of suggesting that there be an 'all tropic' option and maybe an 'all artic' option but there is only so much space there for climate options.

On the other hand, in games I have been playing against the AI, I have been going with the subtropic/tropic option and making sure my starting capital is deep in the tropic area and this tends to balance things relative to the AI and make for a challenging game.

But, again, probably not a good choice for PBM games.

Comments??

Zaratoughda
Jafele

RE: Climates

Post by Jafele »

ORIGINAL: Zaratoughda

Was thinking of suggesting that there be an 'all tropic' option and maybe an 'all artic' option but there is only so much space there for climate options.

I agree. I wrote about it a message in the wishlist thread. Most of the battle maps should be one climate ("all tropic" "all artic", etc) since a climate area is an absolutely huge space. By the way, I don´t know why there is no subartic climate option in the random map generator [&:]. In my opinion climate is another VERY important issue to solve. Eventually, people will play ATG without climate if it´s not repaired. Something really sad.[:(]
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”