Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How would you change the color on the blown bridges?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> How would you change the color on the blown bridges? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How would you change the color on the blown bridges? - 6/11/2011 10:24:02 AM   
ColinWright

I use .bmp graphics -- but I still get the broken squiggles with the red dots at the end to indicate blown bridges.

This isn't bad as a general rule -- but the thing is, in the scenario I'm working on I've put a red dot in the center of my badlands hexes and a hole in the center of the other terrain types so that it's visually apparent when hexes are badlands.

I also have a lot of blown bridges to indicate roads that can be made passable with a bit of work.

This produces unfortunate congregations of red dots.

What is the file that produces the red dots for blown bridges if you've disallowed .png graphics? I can't find it.

I am not Charlie Hebdo
Post #: 1
RE: How would you change the color on the blown bridges? - 6/11/2011 11:32:49 AM   
sPzAbt653

I don't know the answer to your question, but for a possible alternative I have a modified tile for badlands that looks like this:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 2
RE: How would you change the color on the blown bridges? - 6/11/2011 11:35:23 AM   
sPzAbt653

Here is the tile if you'd like to give it a try. Some other terrain tiles tend to obscure it, though.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: How would you change the color on the blown bridges? - 6/11/2011 3:32:22 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinWright

I use .bmp graphics -- but I still get the broken squiggles with the red dots at the end to indicate blown bridges.

This isn't bad as a general rule -- but the thing is, in the scenario I'm working on I've put a red dot in the center of my badlands hexes and a hole in the center of the other terrain types so that it's visually apparent when hexes are badlands.

I also have a lot of blown bridges to indicate roads that can be made passable with a bit of work.

What is the file that produces the red dots for blown bridges if you've disallowed .png graphics? I can't find it.

There are four files in the Altgraphics folder. Their names all end in "damaged_bridge.bmp". Delete them if you want - they can be restored from the Damaged Bridge1.zip. However, note that there is a second set of tiles for this in the Damaged Bridge2.zip. You may prefer them, as they lack red dots. Or, you could create your own as you desire. Or, you could just do without - like it was under ACOW.

Also, note that you could retain the originals in the Altgraphics folder, and use a different set in the graphic subfolder for your specific scenarios. Then only the scenarios you want to lack the red dots would lack them.

Post #: 4
RE: How would you change the color on the blown bridges? - 6/11/2011 6:44:43 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinWright

There are four files in the Altgraphics folder. Their names all end in "damaged_bridge.bmp". Delete them if you want - they can be restored from the Damaged Bridge1.zip. However, note that there is a second set of tiles for this in the Damaged Bridge2.zip. You may prefer them, as they lack red dots. Or, you could create your own as you desire. Or, you could just do without - like it was under ACOW.

Also, note that you could retain the originals in the Altgraphics folder, and use a different set in the graphic subfolder for your specific scenarios. Then only the scenarios you want to lack the red dots would lack them.

Thanks.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 5
RE: How would you change the color on the blown bridges? - 6/11/2011 6:47:02 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Here is the tile if you'd like to give it a try. Some other terrain tiles tend to obscure it, though.

That is kind of interesting. Might get drowned out by hills, though.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> How would you change the color on the blown bridges? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI