Possible error in 1st Inf Div random campaign?

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

NZgunner

Possible error in 1st Inf Div random campaign?

Post by NZgunner »

I was going through the battle xml files to get ideas for my own random campaign when I noticed a possible error in the "German Fall 1943 (Upgrade) - 1st Inf Div" file.

It omits two core unit lines added at the previous upgrade point of Summer 43 and continued in the Summer 43 (mix) file, that then come back in the Fall 43 (Defend) file,

<unit unitid="Marder I" unitname="/Anti-Tank Platoon" exp="Veteran" number="2" max="3" probability="A=0.05;D=0.05"></unit>
<unit unitid="Marder II" unitname="/Anti-Tank Platoon" exp="Veteran" number="2" max="3" probability="A=0.05;D=0.05"></unit>

Probably has a negligible impact on gameplay (they are random units after all), and may even be intentional, but I thought I'd mention it all the same.
rickier65

RE: Possible error in 1st Inf Div random campaign?

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: nzgunner

I was going through the battle xml files to get ideas for my own random campaign when I noticed a possible error in the "German Fall 1943 (Upgrade) - 1st Inf Div" file.

It omits two core unit lines added at the previous upgrade point of Summer 43 and continued in the Summer 43 (mix) file, that then come back in the Fall 43 (Defend) file,

<unit unitid="Marder I" unitname="/Anti-Tank Platoon" exp="Veteran" number="2" max="3" probability="A=0.05;D=0.05"></unit>
<unit unitid="Marder II" unitname="/Anti-Tank Platoon" exp="Veteran" number="2" max="3" probability="A=0.05;D=0.05"></unit>

Probably has a negligible impact on gameplay (they are random units after all), and may even be intentional, but I thought I'd mention it all the same.

That's a sharp eye. But actually I don't think this is error. Let me explain what I think you are seeing, and it is probably a good trick for those of you wanting to make your own Random Campaigns.

The very first Battle file will show the core units and their respective unit names. these are listed in the Core section of the Battle plan. However you will see additional units listed in the "core" section of Battle plans. While these will show as 'Core" for that Battle, they actually aren't part of your core force.

They get shown in the core section so that they will be available for the battle regardless of how many points are allocated because Core units for campaign are always purchased for the player whterher they have enough points or not. This allows the campaign designer to incorporate support units for some battles without giving the player extra points.

At least i'm pretty sure that is what you are seeing for those battle plans.

Thanks! and if you spot anything else, please let us know because it is pretty easy to misstype something when working on those files!

Thanks!
Rick

Return to “Tech Support”