Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

can the game engine support WW2 era

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> can the game engine support WW2 era Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
can the game engine support WW2 era - 6/4/2011 5:13:20 PM   
general_solomon

Hello Devs,

I really enjoy the grand strategy aspect of the game and also the ability to zoom into a battle on a map to take command.

there are game out there that offers grand strategy but can not support player controlled battles. while other games, really do well on the hex based battles.

you guys have best of both worlds.

if you decide to focus on another era of play, please consider World War II. it would be an instant classic.

thanks,

Gen solomon
Post #: 1
RE: can the game engine support WW2 era - 6/4/2011 7:37:54 PM   
Gil R.

Thanks for your feedback.

The answer is that the engine *could* be used for WWII, but we're trying to move away from the engine, instead of making numerous incarnations.

Also, I'm not sure how many WWII players would be into the economic and diplomatic angles -- it seems to me that those who are into WWII are purely into the military aspects. Though I could be wrong. (Of course, if you're talking only about the combined strategy and tactics approach, yes, that would indeed be worth doing.)

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to general_solomon)
Post #: 2
RE: can the game engine support WW2 era - 6/4/2011 8:13:57 PM   
general_solomon

Hello Gil, its been a long time bro.

people have been asking for Hearts of iron series to offer a dual option. they only have the strategic map as it stands.

just look at how many people play empire total war series. it give folks the option to take battles. people have attempted this but failed because they don't incorporate a grand strategy with the genius idea (your) take the battle too.

I say try it out by just offering two or three factions just to see what type of response you get.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: can the game engine support WW2 era - 6/5/2011 12:46:22 AM   
terje439

oooo Nappy with Tigers

Terje

Yeay, back in the computer age!

(in reply to general_solomon)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> can the game engine support WW2 era Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI