Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Problems with map maker

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> RE: Problems with map maker Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/11/2011 3:50:57 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Sztartur,

I understand your frustration, you have been extremely patient. I wish I had a better answer, but we are trying to figure out why it doesn't work on your system too. It's a very system-specific issue. With the information uncovered in the last posts, we will do some more research on Monday. I have to believe this is something we can fix and your persistence has been very much appreciated though I certainly didn't expect finding a solution to take this long.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 91
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/11/2011 4:20:28 PM   
sztartur

Well... I hope the mapmaker will prove worth it...

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 92
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/11/2011 5:34:31 PM   
Mad Russian

MM is worth it. What we need to do is get you to it as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 93
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/11/2011 8:04:44 PM   
sztartur

I also tried the following:

Uninstalled PCO
Uninstalled the .NET from control panel
Made a new registry clean
Installed PCO and this time it did not repair but reinstalled the whole .NET again
Started nvcompress from command line

The ERROR EXISTS. dependency walker is showing the same. there seem to be no DLLs missing but it still cannot be executed...

Can you make a build of nvcompress where you also compile the all possible dlls into the exe?

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 94
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/13/2011 5:24:19 PM   
sztartur

I made a reserach about NVIDIA tools, and have talked with a friend of mine about this problem.

For you to remember: I have ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card.  Is the nvcompress supposed to work with ATI graphics card as it is an NVIDIA tool?

Do you have anybody in your team with ATI graphics card?

< Message edited by sztartur -- 6/13/2011 5:25:33 PM >

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 95
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/13/2011 6:43:23 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: sztartur

I made a reserach about NVIDIA tools, and have talked with a friend of mine about this problem.

For you to remember: I have ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card.  Is the nvcompress supposed to work with ATI graphics card as it is an NVIDIA tool?

Several members of the beta test team had/have ATI video cards. I'm using an IMB embedded video on my laptop.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 96
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/13/2011 7:51:13 PM   
sztartur

I am out of clues why nvcompress is not working on my pc. I have all dlls installed and I have the latest driver installed. nvcompress is the 32 bit version as is my OS.

It still says system cannot execute program.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 97
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/13/2011 10:14:03 PM   
junk2drive

My previous system had a Radeon 7000 card. When I first tried MM, I had script errors. dlls were given to me to test and that fixed it. Now I have an onboard HD 4200 and no problem. I checked the old files against the current build and those files are all in there, and are newer versions.

Edit to add, XP home SP3 32 bit I assume. I do have several versions of Visual C++ installed as they helped me with some other programs.

< Message edited by junk2drive -- 6/13/2011 10:15:36 PM >

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 98
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/14/2011 8:25:23 AM   
sztartur

So anybody can help me to get to run that nvcompress?

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 99
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/14/2011 11:00:47 AM   
JMass

I use a simple batch file to run nvcompress, you could try this: copy all the png files and the file png2dxt1a.bat, attached below - unzip it, in Panzer Command Ostfront\Editor\nvidia, then click on my file to start the conversion of all the png files at once.

Attachment (1)

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 100
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/14/2011 4:16:21 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

Yes, this was tested with ATI cards and still works on our systems with ATI cards now. The "-nocuda" parameter was another attempt to see if there was some kind of hardware incompatibility. Unfortunately, it seems more like some kind of system configuration issue at this time. I'm researching and discussing further with the developer.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 101
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/14/2011 4:26:32 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Sztartur,

Could you please try downloading the latest nVidia tools here (you can try both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions) and after installation, back up your existing /Editor/nvidia folder in your Panzer Command Ostfront installation and copy the files from the new installer (which by default are in the c:\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Texture Tools 2\bin folder) into that folder?

http://developer.nvidia.com/gpu-accelerated-texture-compression

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 6/14/2011 4:28:30 PM >

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 102
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/14/2011 7:48:26 PM   
sztartur

Tried it and it does not work.

I also tried Stridor's dlls it does not work.

My catalyst control center does not work as well.

I am out of ideas clues and hope.

Post #: 103
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/19/2011 8:45:54 PM   
sztartur

Today with my friend we have reinstalled XP on my PC.

Needless to say nvcompress IS NOT WORKING!!!!

The way the map maker is implemented is a big pile of brown stuff...

I have a zillion of games all running without problems. It cannot be that as a simple user I have to debug .NET versions and Visual C++ versions nvcompress simply cannot be executed. none of the nvidia programs can. It cannot be that a WORKING software is so fragile about the path installed and the dll versions. it cannot be!

What is the EXACT version of .NET and VS C++ enviroment needed to run this cr@p????

This game had a vast promise on a lot of things. Now I really and deeply regret the time money and frustration spent on this game. I should have left it as I have almost done after playing the demo.

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 104
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/19/2011 8:48:55 PM   
sztartur

FYI.

http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408061

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 105
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/19/2011 11:33:59 PM   
sztartur

And after my desperate giving up the whole thing the mirracle happens!

I finally with the great help of my friend we made it work. The solution was that he tried the game on his machine and it worked. Then he sent me the directory of the C:\WINXP\WinSxS\manifest and all of its contents.
I overwrote my manifest directory with them and voila' nvcompress is working. I loaded the stalingrad station map into the mapmaker and rebuilt it successfully to another directory. Game is installed on c:/matrix games directory which is very unpleasant since i have the drive only for the OS.

Nevertheless I stand by my opinion this application cannot be so fragile for environment and paths!!! It cannot take a genius friend/former colleague of mine to get over this almost insolvable situation!!!

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 106
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/20/2011 12:19:54 AM   
junk2drive

Glad it is working for you. I wonder if it would now work from your other drive?

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 107
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/20/2011 3:35:26 AM   
Rick

quote:

And after my desperate giving up the whole thing the mirracle happens!

I finally with the great help of my friend we made it work. The solution was that he tried the game on his machine and it worked. Then he sent me the directory of the C:\WINXP\WinSxS\manifest and all of its contents.
I overwrote my manifest directory with them and voila' nvcompress is working. I loaded the stalingrad station map into the mapmaker and rebuilt it successfully to another directory. Game is installed on c:/matrix games directory which is very unpleasant since i have the drive only for the OS.

Nevertheless I stand by my opinion this application cannot be so fragile for environment and paths!!! It cannot take a genius friend/former colleague of mine to get over this almost insolvable situation!!!

Well, I have to admit that overwriting that directory with your friends files was a gutsy move. I'm glad you finally got it working though.

and thanks for letting us know how you got it running.

thanks
rick

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 108
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/20/2011 2:18:24 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Sztartur,

I'm glad you got it working. Frankly, I was about to offer you a refund as we were just about out of ideas that would be practical to pursue through remote tech support. I wouldn't have expected this to be manifest-related and I'm not sure I understand why the installation would work on your friend's system (or ours) but not on yours given the same installer, but this gives us something definite to investigate.

I agree that we need to figure out a fix for this.

Apologies again for all the frustration this caused you.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 109
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/20/2011 7:41:02 PM   
sztartur

It had issues with:
msvcr80.dll
msvcp80.dll

There are many builds/versions of it there are 3 in my friend's manifest one of them is the correct one.

Post #: 110
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/20/2011 8:21:27 PM   
junk2drive

I believe those come with Visual C++ 2008.

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 111
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/20/2011 11:04:36 PM   
sztartur

I was happy too soon...

If I make a final build I get this.

This is a shame!!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 112
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/20/2011 11:16:51 PM   
sztartur

If I make a normal bild it is executed without error messages - the reason I thought it works, but it does not the map is not complete the number of files rebuilt is not equal to the original map. I loaded hungary1 map into mapmaker and made a new build. Files attached.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 113
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/20/2011 11:17:46 PM   
sztartur

If I make a final build you can see the error message above. Here are the files attaxched.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 114
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/20/2011 11:18:45 PM   
sztartur

Guys really and honestly... how did you test this big pile of brown stuff called map-maker?

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 115
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/21/2011 12:24:23 AM   
Mobius

hungary1 nor any of my maps was built with the final version of MM. One that made dds files or mega textures.
Try using your own gray scale map and terrain map, select a sky and build a new map.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 116
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/21/2011 12:37:42 AM   
sztartur

I made a map without objects but with skybox it works. How should I know that I cannot rebuild a stock map?...

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 117
RE: Problems with map maker - 6/21/2011 1:15:59 AM   
Mobius

I would guess if the sky box (SB-)maps are .dds files. If they are .png like mine are then probably not.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 118
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> RE: Problems with map maker Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI