Sledgehammer - Old Breed Marine

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

KG Erwin

Sledgehammer - Old Breed Marine

Post by KG Erwin »

For Memorial Day weekend, I offer up this link to an excellent History Channel biography of Eugene Bondurant Sledge. It is in 5 parts, and part 1 is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y1grcyj_eo

My thanks to "The Pacific Fan" for posting this to You Tube.
ilovestrategy

RE: Sledgehammer - Old Breed Marine

Post by ilovestrategy »

Depends on what is considered old breed. Even me, I've had Marines from today call me old breed because we got to party hard before the Corps clamped down on the party goers. He told me my kind ruined the fun for Marines nowadays. [:D]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

Depends on what is considered old breed. Even me, I've had Marines from today call me old breed because we got to party hard before the Corps clamped down on the party goers. He told me my kind ruined the fun for Marines nowadays. [:D]

Hmm -- well, the "Old Breed" was defined a bit differently in the 1940s, but I'm sure there were some hard partiers back then, too. Note that E.B. Sledge titled his book, "WITH the Old Breed...". I don't think he ever considered himself as one of them.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I watched part one. I hope they are all there. Thanks for sharing.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

I watched part one. I hope they are all there. Thanks for sharing.

Yep, all five parts are posted. It makes me glad that Dr. Sledge lived to publish the book, and received some recognition before his death in 2001. Archived interviews with him are now commonplace in Pacific War documentaries.
stevemk1a

Post by stevemk1a »

nice watch, thanks [:)]

Return to “General Discussion”