Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leningrad falls to SU, Finns lose ability to attack?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Leningrad falls to SU, Finns lose ability to attack? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leningrad falls to SU, Finns lose ability to attack? - 5/28/2011 10:51:28 PM   
mikemcmann

So I am still holding Leningrad in November 42 with the Finns. Basically all Germans are gone from the area.

The SU attack Leningrad proper and capture it. Now, all the Finn units cannot attack again.....seems really bizarre functionality...

Is this how it is supposed to happen?

Thanks

McMann
Post #: 1
RE: Leningrad falls to SU, Finns lose ability to attack? - 5/29/2011 12:03:11 AM   
heliodorus04

Yes.
It's in the manual as part of the rules governing the Finnish no-attack line.

If you're below the no-attack line, you cannot attack with Finns UNLESS you hold both hexes of Leningrad. You lost Leningrad, and the Finns can't attack it because it's south of the No-Attack line.

(in reply to mikemcmann)
Post #: 2
RE: Leningrad falls to SU, Finns lose ability to attack? - 5/29/2011 12:23:37 AM   
mikemcmann

hmm...

seems odd that there is a massive war raging that they are involved with directly....with combat troops....then, POOF! No more attacking!

But cest la vie....

(in reply to heliodorus04)
Post #: 3
RE: Leningrad falls to SU, Finns lose ability to attack? - 5/29/2011 1:10:28 AM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikemcmann

hmm...

seems odd that there is a massive war raging that they are involved with directly....with combat troops....then, POOF! No more attacking!

But cest la vie....

Think real life. Whoops, things are getting hopeless. How do we get out of this with minimum loss of life, treasure, liberty?

(in reply to mikemcmann)
Post #: 4
RE: Leningrad falls to SU, Finns lose ability to attack? - 5/29/2011 4:19:11 AM   
majeloz

I think this is time for Knights of the Round Table "run away; run away; run away!"  If you've lost Leningrad, you don't WANT to be attacking... get the hell outta there

but yes, the Finn restriction is a pain in the butt - not because I want to be ahistorical and have Finns swarming all over, but because it produces a really gamey tactic from the Russians of attacking the 4-5 hexes just south of the Finn no-move line. My suggestion would be some kind of AP-based activation of Finnish troops - perhaps spend 15 AP and you get a Finnish Corps that can move into Russial; spend 25 AP and you get another etc etc. This way the Russian can't assume there's no movement from Finns; unlikely, but ok. It would balance the overly generous amphib capabilities in the Black Sea and make the German have to think more about how best to use the Finns.

I still remember cardboard!

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 5
RE: Leningrad falls to SU, Finns lose ability to attack? - 5/29/2011 6:26:52 AM   
Tarhunnas

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikemcmann

hmm...

But cest la vie....

Think real life. Whoops, things are getting hopeless. How do we get out of this with minimum loss of life, treasure, liberty?

Well, at least they are not changing sides and attacking you! That's what they did historically (not connected to Leningrad, but when things were starting to look really bad and they wanted out of the war).

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Leningrad falls to SU, Finns lose ability to attack? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI