Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resolution Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Resolution Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resolution Issue - 5/27/2011 4:45:38 PM   
VeritasVosLiberates

Apologies ahead of time if this topic has already been covered....I just purchased and downloaded the game today and my configuration for resolution appears to be limited to 3 options: 1024x768, 1280x720, and 1280x768. I've seen other posts where users could select higher resolutions and I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong. I'm running an ASUS laptop with a Radeon 5870 1 gig and a native screen resolution of 1600x900.

Post #: 1
RE: Resolution Issue - 5/27/2011 10:00:23 PM   
junk2drive

Change from 16 bit to 32 bit?

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to VeritasVosLiberates)
Post #: 2
RE: Resolution Issue - 5/27/2011 10:51:41 PM   
VeritasVosLiberates

Yeah, tried that.  Still no luck.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Resolution Issue - 5/27/2011 11:12:35 PM   
RocketMan

I'll just scab my question onto this thread.

I thought PCO was going to support 2560x1440 resolution, but the highest resolution available for selection on my computer is 1920x1080.

< Message edited by RocketMan -- 5/27/2011 11:31:26 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: Resolution Issue - 5/28/2011 12:46:38 AM   
VeritasVosLiberates

RocketMan - was the 2560x1440 res available in the drop down menu when you first installed the game, or did you have to change any settings to make it an option?

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 5
RE: Resolution Issue - 5/28/2011 1:22:26 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

Resolution support is defined in the game. We can add resolutions as long as they are requested. RocketMan, we saw your request but there hasn't been an update yet.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 6
RE: Resolution Issue - 5/28/2011 1:56:28 AM   
VeritasVosLiberates

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

Resolution support is defined in the game. We can add resolutions as long as they are requested. RocketMan, we saw your request but there hasn't been an update yet.

Regards,

- Erik

When you say "defined in the game", do you mean the game autodetects settings and limits the options? If so, would it be possible to "unlock" other settings?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: Resolution Issue - 5/28/2011 2:17:31 AM   
Erik Rutins

They are actually defined in a list in the game. We can add requested resolutions that are not currently supported in the first update. We tried to cover all the likely resolutions, but apparently we underestimated some of the systems out there. If you tell us the resolutions you want added, we'll add them. The engine can support them without a problem as long as we make sure they are in the configuration list.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 8
RE: Resolution Issue - 5/28/2011 4:03:48 AM   
VeritasVosLiberates

Erik,

Put my vote down for 1600x900 (my laptop) and 1680x1024 (desktop).   Thanks again for the support - it is rare these days to see someone actually involved with the game taking time to personally answer tech support questions.  Stuff like that is a huge factor for us consumers when it comes to buying new games.

Post #: 9
RE: Resolution Issue - 5/28/2011 3:14:00 PM   
RocketMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

Regards,

- Erik

quote:

the systems out there. If you tell us the resolutions you want added, we'll add them. The engine can support them without a problem as long as we make sure they are in the configuration list.

That's great, Thanks Erik. As always, Matrix is the best!

Also, doesn't everybody have a 26" 2560x1440 Monitor?

Post #: 10
RE: Resolution Issue - 5/28/2011 5:44:47 PM   
RocketMan

Deleted as the resolution I was requesting was already available. Doh!

< Message edited by RocketMan -- 5/30/2011 5:03:36 PM >

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 11
RE: Resolution Issue - 6/17/2011 9:39:41 PM   
kondor999

I'm running Nvidia Surround at 5760x1200.

That would be awesome. It's unfortunate there's not a command line switch to force different resolutions or even a windowed mode. Games which use a fixed table of values are inherently limited IMHO.

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> Resolution Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI