Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Driving through forests

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> The War Room >> Driving through forests Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Driving through forests - 5/27/2011 9:05:28 AM   
Skyhigh

Hi!
In the scenario where the Germans push through the forests at Bullingen, my columns are stalled in some places because there is one unit delaying the whole gang.
How to deal with this properly?
Send in tanks first?
Recon first to locate, and then bombard the area prior to my columns coming through? Set columns to "attack"-mode when moving? Send infantry through forests instead over roads?

I must say, I haven't tried it much yet - it's only my 2nd non-tutorial scenario that I am trying, having got the game only 3 days ago. I did manage to get enemy HQ to surrender on Day 2 2100 in the Hell on Wheels scenario in my first go - pretty pleased with that :)

Post #: 1
RE: Driving through forests - 5/27/2011 7:38:17 PM   
simovitch

Sometimes sustained direct fire from a tank, SP or other gun company using the "fire" command will cause a single unit to rout away. A combined artillery barrage will help as well. Best not to fatigue a whole Battalion of troops on an assault just to dislodge a single small unit.

The next update will do away with the US detached 57mm AT Platoon and incorporated it into the Line Companies like the rest of the nationalities. This should clear up the battlefield a bit from these type of single unit heroics.

simovitch

(in reply to Skyhigh)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> The War Room >> Driving through forests Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI