Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rise of Rome Advice

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Field of Glory Series >> Tech Support >> Rise of Rome Advice Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rise of Rome Advice - 5/26/2011 10:14:54 PM   
IanWebber

Hello,

I am posting here on behalf of a client. He bought the original Field of Glory game and then bought some expansions from nws-online-gaming-store on eBay. He bought Rise of Rome and Immortal Fire.

The first problem he had (why I was called in) was that when he put the disk in it threw an error "Application not found". This was due to a mistake in the filename in the Autorun file. So I just copied the file to the computer and ran it. I went through the installation for Rise of Rome put in the serial number and everything seemed to go fine.

During the installation it mentions about putting icons in a submenu. This didn't happen and there was nowhere to launch Rise of Rome (if that is what you are meant to do). In the normal FoG the new armies are listed in the DAG but I can't see any new campaigns or battles. Forgive my ignorance as I don't know how this is meant to work and couldn't find a manual. So is this what is meant to happen? Are there new battles and where would they appear? The other thing I thought was a bit weird is that this site says the download is 623mb, where as on the printed DVD it was only 85mb.

The Immortal Fire expansion seems to have gone completely wrong. Once again it has the problem with autorun, but it seems that it was the Rise of Rome installation that was burnt to it and not the Immortal Fire one at all. Two things make me think this is the case. The filename was the same as on the RoR disc, it said RoR in the installation graphic and the serial number for Immortal Fire didn't work on this installation. I have sent an e-mail to the people at nws-online-gaming-store and await their response. I'm not entirely sure why he went to them through eBay as he would have saved money getting the download edition from here rather than the DX edition from them. But there we go.

I don't know what patch versions he is up to, but I have advised him to go online (he usually plays on a computer without internet connection) and make sure that FoG is up to date.

One other thing, during the installation it asks for the persons name and their company. I left these as they were, but did notice that their was a name printed on the CD. Do these have to match? I guessed they didn't as I would have expected the installer to moan if it was checking the serial number against the name that was listed earlier in the installation.

Any help at all would be really appreciated as I'm not entirely sure what I should be seeing to know if RoR installed properly.

Many thanks

Ian
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Field of Glory Series >> Tech Support >> Rise of Rome Advice Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI