Downfall questions

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SimonDC

Downfall questions

Post by SimonDC »

Hello, I have the updated Downfall scenario, I don't have the exact name at hand but it includes some of the naval upgrades, I have several questions regarding airgroups and the editor. I have successfully put the land based replenishment carrier aircraft onto their respective carriers.

1. Several British or Australian seaplanes show up with no pilots. I send veterans to them but they don't accept them. Any idea how I correct this in the editor?

2. A Ventura night fighter unit is at Pearl but it has no upgrade and not enough aircraft to fill out. How do I set up an upgrade?

3. Lastly, CVB Midway shows up and within a turn or two three of its squadrons disappear. How do I fix this with the editor?

Many thanks,
Simon
jmalter

RE: Downfall questions

Post by jmalter »

hi Simon, i like this scenario a lot, but it's got a few probs in its setup!

1) there's 3 Oz cruisers w/ this prob- Australia, Shropshire & Hobart. They have detachments of "No.9 Sqn RAAF" aboard (ID#s 3078, 3080 & 3082 in the editor's Air Groups) but i don't think these dets have any pilots assigned (editor Pilots button). IMO there's a typo in the Pilots section, where 3 groups of 1 pilot each exist for "No.8 Sqn RAAF" (ID#s 4840, 4843 & 4846). I was only able to manually change the name of #4840, then had to use the Copy/Paste buttons to rename 4843 & 4846. Also each of those 3 pilots ain't assigned to the proper Air Group ID#, or to the proper Plane Type (change 04-Level Bomber to 10-Float Plane).

2) doesn't the Marine Ventura Sqn @ Pearl have an upgrade to Tigercat NF? I'm using the Downfall v2 scenario (#14, not #21). setting an upgrade looks to be easy - select an unused slot from the drop-down to the right of the Upgrade button, then enter an aircraft type # in the green field. choose the type # from the listing in the Aircraft section, for example the F6F-5N Hellcat = 438.

3) IIRC the Midway showed up w/ 5 sqns aboard, massively overendowed w/ planes. They started to disappear right away! I got PO'd & backed up my game a coupla' turns, xferred 1 sqn to land & re-sized the others.

ETA: well i made those floatplane changes in the editor & saved them to a new scenario. opening this, i checked the 3 cruisers - Shropshire showed 0 pilots, Autralia & Hobart each showed 1 pilot present. When i pressed the pilot button, or tried to add another pilot, the pilot vanished!

el cid again

RE: Downfall questions

Post by el cid again »

That is a bug.
Midway class carriers SOP was 5 squadrons.
Code originally only allowed 4. The manual now says 5 are allowed.
IF that is true, surely the largest carrier in the world (in terms of
capacity) is where they ought to be working properly.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”