Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Downfall questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Downfall questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Downfall questions - 5/25/2011 11:35:44 PM   
SimonDC

Hello, I have the updated Downfall scenario, I don't have the exact name at hand but it includes some of the naval upgrades, I have several questions regarding airgroups and the editor. I have successfully put the land based replenishment carrier aircraft onto their respective carriers.

1. Several British or Australian seaplanes show up with no pilots. I send veterans to them but they don't accept them. Any idea how I correct this in the editor?

2. A Ventura night fighter unit is at Pearl but it has no upgrade and not enough aircraft to fill out. How do I set up an upgrade?

3. Lastly, CVB Midway shows up and within a turn or two three of its squadrons disappear. How do I fix this with the editor?

Many thanks,
Simon
Post #: 1
RE: Downfall questions - 5/27/2011 5:56:21 PM   
jmalter

hi Simon, i like this scenario a lot, but it's got a few probs in its setup!

1) there's 3 Oz cruisers w/ this prob- Australia, Shropshire & Hobart. They have detachments of "No.9 Sqn RAAF" aboard (ID#s 3078, 3080 & 3082 in the editor's Air Groups) but i don't think these dets have any pilots assigned (editor Pilots button). IMO there's a typo in the Pilots section, where 3 groups of 1 pilot each exist for "No.8 Sqn RAAF" (ID#s 4840, 4843 & 4846). I was only able to manually change the name of #4840, then had to use the Copy/Paste buttons to rename 4843 & 4846. Also each of those 3 pilots ain't assigned to the proper Air Group ID#, or to the proper Plane Type (change 04-Level Bomber to 10-Float Plane).

2) doesn't the Marine Ventura Sqn @ Pearl have an upgrade to Tigercat NF? I'm using the Downfall v2 scenario (#14, not #21). setting an upgrade looks to be easy - select an unused slot from the drop-down to the right of the Upgrade button, then enter an aircraft type # in the green field. choose the type # from the listing in the Aircraft section, for example the F6F-5N Hellcat = 438.

3) IIRC the Midway showed up w/ 5 sqns aboard, massively overendowed w/ planes. They started to disappear right away! I got PO'd & backed up my game a coupla' turns, xferred 1 sqn to land & re-sized the others.

ETA: well i made those floatplane changes in the editor & saved them to a new scenario. opening this, i checked the 3 cruisers - Shropshire showed 0 pilots, Autralia & Hobart each showed 1 pilot present. When i pressed the pilot button, or tried to add another pilot, the pilot vanished!

< Message edited by jmalter -- 5/27/2011 6:36:36 PM >

(in reply to SimonDC)
Post #: 2
RE: Downfall questions - 5/27/2011 9:51:24 PM   
el cid again

That is a bug.
Midway class carriers SOP was 5 squadrons.
Code originally only allowed 4. The manual now says 5 are allowed.
IF that is true, surely the largest carrier in the world (in terms of
capacity) is where they ought to be working properly.

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Downfall questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI