Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Transporter Planes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Transporter Planes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transporter Planes - 5/24/2011 4:03:39 AM   
Rik81

HOW do those work? I couldn't transfer "supplies" to them?
Post #: 1
RE: Transporter Planes - 5/24/2011 4:26:15 AM   
Webizen

You don't transfer supply to them. You select the transport aircraft unit and then you click on the Do Air Supply button. You will get a slider that allows you to select how much supply to drop. Not all of it will reach the intended unit(s) but some will if your mission isn't shot down or turned back by interception.

Tac2i

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 2
RE: Transporter Planes - 5/24/2011 1:15:32 PM   
phatkarp

On a related note, I recently attempted to air-supply a unit of engineers stuck on an island. I was told that their HQ was too far away. I thought I could just drop directly onto the isolated unit. Anyone know what is up with this?

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 3
RE: Transporter Planes - 5/24/2011 1:34:44 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: phatkarp

On a related note, I recently attempted to air-supply a unit of engineers stuck on an island. I was told that their HQ was too far away. I thought I could just drop directly onto the isolated unit. Anyone know what is up with this?

It means the HQ of the transport planes is too far away... not the HQ of the engineers.
Make sure the HQ the transports are attached to has a clear overland route to the planes.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to phatkarp)
Post #: 4
RE: Transporter Planes - 5/24/2011 3:18:58 PM   
phatkarp

That was it. Thanks Barthheart!

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 5
RE: Transporter Planes - 5/24/2011 3:24:04 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

That was it. Thanks Barthheart!

Glad I could help.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to phatkarp)
Post #: 6
RE: Transporter Planes - 5/24/2011 4:14:53 PM   
Rik81

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

quote:

It means the HQ of the transport planes is too far away... not the HQ of the engineers.
Make sure the HQ the transports are attached to has a clear overland route to the planes.

UUM - "overland" and "sea" maybe.?

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 7
RE: Transporter Planes - 5/24/2011 4:54:14 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rik81

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

quote:

UUM - "overland" and "sea" maybe.?

No I pretty sure it must be only overland. In a test game a while ago I had transport planes on an island that were in supply from an HQ on another island but the planes could not drop supplies for me...

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Transporter Planes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI