Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How long do you take to move?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> How long do you take to move? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How long do you take to move? - 5/20/2011 6:01:26 PM   
macgregor

I'm just curious. I used to play wif with the current developer and he used to hate how long I took to move. So naturally, my tendency is to sympathize with those that need time. But how much is enough? I'm busy now trying to organize this team game and the biggest problem I'm encountering is that most players cannot commit to engaging the game every 48 hours -even if just to send it to a teammate to move -and we're in Feb of 40 with nothing to move! We'll be playing for 9 years if this keeps up. Does setting up time limits seem fair to you?
Post #: 1
RE: How long do you take to move? - 5/22/2011 5:04:43 PM   
Olorin

It depends on the scenario. Playing an early turn of Drang nach Osten can take me 5-8 hours, which does require a certain level of commitment. Commitment that most players no longer have for TOAW, sadly.
I don't know why that is, I think that TOAWIII is still one of the best operational wargames out there, even compared against some of the newest wargames like WitE.

I think that setting time limits would cause some players to slowly put themselves out of the game. It's best to seek the most committed players before the game begins. For example, asking for a certain number of turns per week (before the game begins) will only attract players that can meet your requirements. Everyone is better off.

< Message edited by Olorin -- 5/22/2011 5:09:46 PM >

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 2
RE: How long do you take to move? - 5/23/2011 2:34:12 AM   
1_Lzard

Tell him about TGW, Nick! I didn't plan to be alive when that sucker finished!

"I have the brain of a Genius, and the heart of a Little Child. I keep them in a jar under my bed!"

(in reply to Olorin)
Post #: 3
RE: How long do you take to move? - 5/23/2011 2:11:33 PM   
Olorin

lol yeah, The Great War multiplayer game might be of interest to mcgregor, since he is running a similar concept, but with 4-5 different scenarios.

(in reply to 1_Lzard)
Post #: 4
RE: How long do you take to move? - 5/23/2011 4:36:40 PM   
macgregor

One thing I've learned is that the number of people who can handle the 48h 'move,submit, or delegate' rule differs vastly from those who originally think they can do it. Perhaps it's best to look at a players current commitment to playing before selecting them. What I've done though is implemented a process for removing the tail-draggers. Hopefully the game will now get back underway.

< Message edited by macgregor -- 5/23/2011 4:37:12 PM >

(in reply to Olorin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> How long do you take to move? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI