Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Combat Results Box

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon and In Development] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Combat Results Box Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Combat Results Box - 5/17/2011 2:23:04 PM   
gcbisset

First, Kudos on creating FOF and CoG! For me, a retired grognard who plays minis solo every day, they fill the need for a musket period game on a fairly large scale with a decent AI (Now if you could add an actual map and scenario editor...)

However, one quibble. I find the flashing, floating combat results confusing. A small part of this might be that the combat terminology is a little different from other games, but what I would like, is an option for a combat results box that pops up and says succintly what was the result of the combat action, with the 2 units named, and casualties listed, then stays open until I click on the box or touch a key, and then goes on to the next result. I think it should also have a place to click or a reminder to press f3 for the extremely detailed combat results (which I think is a good feature for checking unexpected results)

An even tinier quibble, for minis play, is that the computer AI seems to whip its units around alot, perhaps more than historically accurate, but it may have its reasons. However, if you could calm it down a little, I would like that.

Any chance of working that into the engine?

Keep up the good work!

George
Post #: 1
RE: Combat Results Box - 5/22/2011 8:38:20 AM   
Gil R.

Part of what you ask for is covered in our attack reports (screenshots of which are in my AAR). But I guess you're asking for a lite version of that, with just the basics. I've passed along the suggestion to our programmer.

As for the AI issue, BAB's AI is different in numerous respects, so I'm not sure that what you describe will be an issue. (Mainly because I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "whip.")

By the way, regarding my AAR, I've been slammed by work and moving, but will definitely resume it soon. In case anyone's wondering.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to gcbisset)
Post #: 2
RE: Combat Results Box - 5/22/2011 2:17:55 PM   
nicwb

Glad to hear the AAR is only on hold.

Good luck with the move.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Combat Results Box - 5/22/2011 3:30:59 PM   
gcbisset

Yes, maybe the whipping wont be an issue. To clarify, what I mean is that the AI was moving units from its le3ft flank to its right and back again for no apparent reason (unless it was trying to confuse me). Other AIs do this kind of thing as well, but it makes them unusable for miniatures (which is what Ill use it for)

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 4
RE: Combat Results Box - 1/19/2012 1:02:00 AM   
stefani88

Thank you so much for your post.

(in reply to gcbisset)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon and In Development] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Combat Results Box Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI