Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SS units and HQ's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> SS units and HQ's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SS units and HQ's - 5/14/2011 8:20:42 PM   
Aditia

Sorry if I missed it in the manual, but is there any benefit for SS units to be attached to a SS HQ?
Post #: 1
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/14/2011 9:32:44 PM   
Helpless

quote:

Sorry if I missed it in the manual, but is there any benefit for SS units to be attached to a SS HQ?

No. Should there be some?

< Message edited by Helpless -- 5/14/2011 9:33:43 PM >

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to Aditia)
Post #: 2
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/14/2011 9:35:36 PM   
Speedy

Extra Sausage rations and Propaganda about Teutonic Knight relations I would guess?

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/15/2011 7:25:41 AM   
molchomor

The only bonus seems to be on the Soviet side with units attached to Shock HQs, right ?

(in reply to Speedy)
Post #: 4
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/15/2011 7:32:06 AM   
Tarhunnas

quote:

ORIGINAL: molchomor

The only bonus seems to be on the Soviet side with units attached to Shock HQs, right ?

The only built in advantage AFAIK. But don't forget that leaders commanding Panzer corps or Soviet Tank armies will usually have a better mech rating than the ones commanding infantry formations, thus it will be advantageous to concentrate mechanised units in their own corps/armies.

Read my AAR:s ye mighty, and despair!
41Ger
41Sov
41Ger
42Ger
42Sov

(in reply to molchomor)
Post #: 5
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/15/2011 8:57:38 AM   
PyleDriver

Hq's are shells for command and attachments. It boils down to the commander you have in place. If you want to have better results from your HQ's then place the best man you can find for the job. So no, SS corps Hq's have no extra effect other than the SS units better preformance...

Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha Tester

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 6
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/15/2011 10:26:51 AM   
Manstein63

You get to wear that nifty camouflage uniform And you get winter Clothing in 41 (not sure if the latter is representated in the game though)
Manstein63

(in reply to PyleDriver)
Post #: 7
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/15/2011 1:27:35 PM   
Farfarer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manstein63

You get to wear that nifty camouflage uniform And you get winter Clothing in 41 (not sure if the latter is representated in the game though)
Manstein63

That would be a neat pacth if true, with SS ( or any historically properly equipped) having the same blizzard-resistance as Mountain Troops.

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 8
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/15/2011 5:37:26 PM   
Scook_99

Don't forget your subscription to Aryan Monthly if your HQ is SS!

(in reply to Farfarer)
Post #: 9
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/15/2011 5:45:17 PM   
Zebedee

quote:

Manstein63

The only evidence for 'winter equipment' coming from outside the normal Wehrmacht supply lines I could ever find was the use of the civilian clothing kept in the Baltic and Ukrainian SS warehouses (this clothing had been taken from those murdered behind the front lines). Would be very interested in evidence contrary to them being as equally reliant on the same logistical constraints as any other non-LW unit on the Eastern Front. It would suddenly call into question the pictures of Das Reich sentries huddling around fires in their standard issue overcoats during Typhoon, or those of Totenkopf soldiers wearing civilian furs in the Demyansk pocket.

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 10
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/15/2011 6:12:38 PM   
Manstein63

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zebedee

quote:

Manstein63

The only evidence for 'winter equipment' coming from outside the normal Wehrmacht supply lines I could ever find was the use of the civilian clothing kept in the Baltic and Ukrainian SS warehouses (this clothing had been taken from those murdered behind the front lines). Would be very interested in evidence contrary to them being as equally reliant on the same logistical constraints as any other non-LW unit on the Eastern Front. It would suddenly call into question the pictures of Das Reich sentries huddling around fires in their standard issue overcoats during Typhoon, or those of Totenkopf soldiers wearing civilian furs in the Demyansk pocket.

I bow to your greater wisdom Though I was sure that I read in Panzer Leader something about the SS laying in stocks of winter clothing. However as you imply requisitioning clothing & actually getting any are 2 different things
Manstein63

(in reply to Zebedee)
Post #: 11
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/15/2011 7:03:15 PM   
Aditia

There were 3 different types of SS. Waffen, KZ and some administrative branch. It was no doubt the KZ criminals that had all the winter clothing

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 12
RE: SS units and HQ's - 5/15/2011 9:10:34 PM   
Farfarer

OMG not being "Pro - SS" just pro "can I have more blizzard-proof units if warranted please".

(in reply to Aditia)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> SS units and HQ's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI