Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Manuals And E-Readers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Manuals And E-Readers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Manuals And E-Readers - 5/14/2011 4:42:34 PM   
tgb

I have a new Sony Pocket E-Reader coming in the mail today or Monday, and I was thinking the first thing I would put on it would be the manual for Panzer Command:Ostfront so I could read it on the crapper as God intended.

Does anyone have any experience with Matrix .pdf files and e-readers? And am I better off uploading the regular version or the light version?
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Manuals And E-Readers - 5/14/2011 4:49:49 PM   
junk2drive

I scrolled through 19 pages to find this for you. Hope it helps.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2633333

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Manuals And E-Readers - 5/14/2011 5:23:49 PM   
tgb

Danke.  Looks like Calibre is the answer.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Manuals And E-Readers - 5/14/2011 5:34:34 PM   
junk2drive

Glad it helped. There was also a discussion at the wargamer IIRC around Christmas. Search may work over there.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Manuals And E-Readers - 5/14/2011 7:07:09 PM   
Hertston

Calibre kicks backside; it puts any software that ships with any reader to shame.

Don't expect miracles, though. E-readers, be it the Sony, Kindle or whatever are designed for reading novels and popular biography, history, etc. not game or technical manuals, or academic text books. Some of those 'work' well enough in that format, and others don't.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 5/14/2011 7:08:13 PM >

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Manuals And E-Readers - 1/5/2012 2:22:24 PM   
juni2selasa

Free Kindle Books Guide
If Google Trends are anything to go by, a fair number of you were fortunate enough to unwrap a Kindle 3 this Christmas (currently, “free kindle books” is trending at number 9). As such, we thought we’d alert you to some of the following resources for getting free Kindle books on your new device (as well as your smartphone and desktop). For all but the Kindle Store, you’ll need to transfer the books manually using a computer and USB cable. LEARN MORE AT : Kindle Wifi Review

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Manuals And E-Readers - 1/5/2012 7:00:51 PM   
Vyshka

^ spam, spam, spam, and spam.

I have downloaded my pdf manuals to my kindle fire, and the matrix manuals tend to look pretty good on it.

"When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches" - Adm. King

(in reply to juni2selasa)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Manuals And E-Readers - 1/5/2012 7:18:22 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: tgb

I have a new Sony Pocket E-Reader coming in the mail today or Monday, and I was thinking the first thing I would put on it would be the manual for Panzer Command:Ostfront so I could read it on the crapper as God intended.

Does anyone have any experience with Matrix .pdf files and e-readers? And am I better off uploading the regular version or the light version?

I have the PCO Manual on an older BW Nook. I'm was using the (light) version of manual, though I just tried the (ebook) version. I think the difference is that the ebook version has chapter bookmarks and gives the pages a 'weathered' look. I'm also using the PDF version. Though on the nook I have the text scaled to large. The light version on my nook doesn't give me option to go to chapters, but the ebook version does.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Manuals And E-Readers - 1/7/2012 1:00:19 AM   
Lützow

Talking about readers: PDF is not really appropriate, as it doesn't allow to change font-sizes (try to read a PDF file on your smart phone). Any digital manuals should be also published as epub.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Manuals And E-Readers - 1/7/2012 1:38:19 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow

Talking about readers: PDF is not really appropriate, as it doesn't allow to change font-sizes (try to read a PDF file on your smart phone). Any digital manuals should be also published as epub.

I'm able to change the font size of the Matrix manual PDFs on the nook. This is on an original nook ereader. Though I cant say how others handle them. And it's a good thing, since the 'natural' font size of the pdf would be way too small.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Manuals And E-Readers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI