The current list:
1. HQ gets a HQ ONLY command button that branches off just like the others so it can be given orders without effecting its subordinates as it does now.
2. Lower supression levels a little bit for infantry. It feels as if they goto ground a bit too easily in the face of danger.
3. Add a no rout, hold at all costs feature like a last stand, what if those units at Bastonge had the rout factors of the units in this game? Besides realistically Hitler said no retreating. Aggressive SOP Elite units are very resistant to routing Others are not so resistant and would benefit from a Hold At All Costs order.
4. Create a step feature for grass animations like trees. 3 steps would be fine instead of just on/off
5. Of course I want a female partisan and a female sharpshooter.
6. If possible perhaps a 30:0 per turn feature. I like 40:0 but more variety is always better.
7. Recheck that FPS meter we get by pressing F1 somehow now I just don't think it's working correctly. I got some 10-fps last night and had LOWERED the settings from Ultra to High, my card is better than that and I have a quad core cpu i7 3.2ghz Strange thing is the video is still pretty smooth and it should be choppy at 10fps the only difference I see is the objective flags flapping is different.
The F1 FPS measurement is accurate.
8. When setting up random battles give us an ability to choose "random" map at the "template" choice point. I was surprised this wasn't already implemented and I had to pick a map to play on.
Already done and in the Ostfront release.
9. When choosing what type of army group also put a "random" pick in that box as well instead of having to pick infantry, tank battallion, etc. etc. I'd like the computer to randomly pick what i get to play with sometimes as well. Even a custom choice and then put a ? on each type of unit in the mixed of combatants like infantry, trucks, armor, artillery etc. etc. to get a more random group of units to play with. I like NOT KNOWING what I'm going to get to command in a battle the most.
Already done and in the Ostfront release.
10. To add damage effects to the 3d models? Like scratches from non-penetrating hits, holes from shots that do penetrate, track damage, etc? I would love to see that.
11. A unit pause command.
12. Text feedback when a unit starts firing at something, specifically: what it's firing at and with what. Sort of the same information that's displayed in the lower left corner of the UI when you select a unit.
13. Unlimited Ammo feature.
14. Unlimited waypoints
15. Moveable waypoints
16. Clicking on an enemy unit will hilight the human players units that are in its LOS.
17. The ability to transport AT/Infantry guns.
18. The ability to have some influence on airstrikes.
19. A command system that is bit more straight forward when one wants give individual orders.
20. Destructible buildings.
21. A map editor that is much more intuitive. Realistically this probably will not happen but it would be nice.
Make 3 maps then we'll talk.
22. In my view the tac ai needs some improvement. Units sometimes make really bad choices.
23. Better display of maps to be chosen for Random battles and campaigns.
24. Larger Maps.
25. Larger unit limit when creating scenarios.
26. Unit order ques.
27. A different color for the message when reinforcements arrive.
28. AA guns.
29. Reverse field of view so you could click on an enemy and see lines indicating which of your units could see him. That would be much better than cycling through your units.
30. More verbose messaging.
33. Add 'codenames' or other designations to units so that during battle if I see "*west flank group* Panzer III destroyed" I would know exactly where to look.
34. Leave questionmarks longer, or the ability to put a marker on the map so that if I see something I can put "Suspected KV-1" or the like. It wouldn't be good enough for area fire with a tank but it would keep my small brain from forgetting what I saw.
35. Optional air recon. If we could designate an area and have a Storch fly over and give us some idea, it would be great. An exposed tank could be identified, and question marks for everything else. You could make it a chance based flyover so you could simulate the recon plane having been shot down. And futher you could make the information only visible to units within radio contact.
36. Additional Russian campaigns. And...maybe North Africa as a expansion pack? :)
37. More sound
38. Towable guns.
39. Mud terrain doesn't create dust when rounds impact.
40. FOW for entrenchments and trenches.
41.Infantry graphics display for in game showing squads with correct number of men.
42. LOS indicator for what a unit can actually see. A shaded area or something.
43. More diverse experience levels for units beyond the current 3.
44. Infantry taking fire should get off of tanks but would stay in APCs.
45. Cavalry units. Both for infantry and artillery.
46. Motorcycle troops.
47. Kubel Wagons, Jeeps, Gaz...etc. The smaller vehicles.
48. End game on a specific turn.
49. End of game carry over of data.
50. Import/export to xml save game file.
51. Exit Objectives.
52. Company formations.
53. Battalion formations.
53. Rejoin formation orders.
54. Sound contacts.
55. Quicker expansion/game release cycle for future additions to the series.
56. Mine clearance.
57. More editing controls for Random Campaigns.
58. Random campaign balance adjusted. Specifically gamer controlled points for both sides forces and Victory Levels.
59. Options for long campaigns such as renaming units and commanders, and keeping crews separated from vehicles.
60. Show suppression status of your units on / with the floating icons that show up in the main window view.
61. Ability to toggle off Russian Science of War in Random Campaign.
62. Ability to purchase or adjust random campaign units (even in somewhat ahistorical ways)
63. Ressuply out of ammo units.
64. Continue option for lost random campaign battles -- e.g. not to "Skip" it.
65. End of battle tally of KIA, WIA etc...
66. Running campaign total of KIA, WIA for both sides.
67. Running campaign total of battles lost vs. battles won.
68. Different icons for different types of infantry and vehicles.
69. Add a "Next Target" hotkey.
70. Make complex orders possible. Example: Move + Advance + Defend
71. Being able to add a delay to an order.
72. Firing arcs.
73. Operational level for PC. Which would show units, supply level, etc...
74. Long Campaign (12 - 90 battles) for GD or 5th SS Wiking for expansion/patch.
75. An icon at the left of the HUD that shows vehicles buttoned up.
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.
Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.