Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> The War Room >> Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game - 5/13/2011 2:24:41 PM   
Mad Russian

The infantry game in PCO can be extremely bloody.

If you make an attack or route across open ground expect to lose a large number of your infantry. If it's a single squad or weapons team, expect to lose them. Infantry in the open is a very unforgiving environment.

Infantry in buildings is at the other end of that scale. They are very hard to kill and clearing buildings is the toughest job you'll ever get in PCO. Remember a small place on the Volga River called Stalingrad?

Infantry in either trenches or foxholes makes them harder to kill as well. Why do you think they spent all that time digging into the ground?

As with other aspects of PCO killing infantry takes time. If you go too fast your forces will be shot to pieces.

Suppression is your friend. Suppress his infantry in the location you want to attack.

Make them keep their heads down. Then move to within 25 meters of his location and your own infantry will close assault the position.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Post #: 1
RE: Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game - 5/14/2011 4:59:36 PM   
Jacko

Can infantry dig themselves in? And if so, can they dig in inside buildings? Happened quite a lot. 

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 2
RE: Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game - 5/14/2011 5:02:11 PM   
junk2drive

No

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 3
RE: Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game - 5/14/2011 5:04:07 PM   
Jacko

But fox holes and trenches are part of the landscape, right? They belong to the map, not to the unit pool, i mean?

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
RE: Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game - 5/14/2011 5:08:34 PM   
junk2drive

Yes the map designer places foxholes and trenches and other fortifications on the map. Not like CM where you purchase them like troops.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 5
RE: Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game - 5/14/2011 5:37:08 PM   
Jacko

Well, that's good enough, Junk, thanks. 

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 6
RE: Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game - 5/26/2011 12:31:51 AM   
Pillar

I think infantry in little wooden buildings are much too difficult to get out.  Stalingrad was a mass of rubbled metal and brickwork with blown out rooftops and windows so that even HE shells couldn't work their magic (escape routes for pressure.)  And there was just so much underground...   A little farm shack on the other hand, mostly made of wood and lacking any stone save usually the fireplace/hearth shouldn't be a great place to hang out.  A good hiding spot to be sure, but once identified, a bad place to be.

(in reply to Jacko)
Post #: 7
RE: Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game - 5/26/2011 3:29:07 AM   
junk2drive

Pillar we realise that people are having a problem with infantry in buildings and are looking at a solution.

(in reply to Pillar)
Post #: 8
RE: Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game - 5/27/2011 4:55:42 AM   
Pillar

Great to hear.

I also would like to withdraw my earlier impressions about infantry in the open being too survivable to Mad Russian.  Sample size was too small, having played a lot more, I think it's actually pretty well balanced after all.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> The War Room >> Stubble Hoppers - The Infantry Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI