Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Official Game First Impressions thread!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 12:29:11 AM   
Mad Russian

ROFL!!! Do you ever forget anything? I thought you said you had gray hair....how can that be if you remember the content of every post on this forum????!!!!

What we said was when we do partisans YOU get a female partisan to go with the guys.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 31
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 12:33:00 AM   
NefariousKoel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

What we said was when we do partisans YOU get a female partisan to go with the guys.

Oooooh!!! Give him the 'Bearded Lady Partisan' model!

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 32
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 12:36:11 AM   
diablo1

You know there's some roleplay in having different sexes during the battles. It doesn't have to be george killed lenny all the time.

X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 33
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 12:46:00 AM   
Mad Russian

No, it could be Natasha killed Fritz sometimes too.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 34
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 1:35:48 AM   
diablo1

I want a russian female sniper unit also

Oh and mountable out houses. In kellysheroes crapshoot and that other soldier were near or in out houses when an explosion hit.

< Message edited by diablo1 -- 5/13/2011 1:40:44 AM >

X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!

Post #: 35
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 2:00:22 AM   
sfbaytf

I decided to take the plunge. Highly doubt I'll be disappointed. Download was fast. Install may take longer than download though!

Not worried about how it will run on my system. As for CMBN I'm probably going to get it, but for some reason its not a must have the first day sort of thing. For those who mentioned the RTS aspect of it is a turn off, I can say from the Shockforce series the RTS is very different and can be a challenge. In shockforce you can set it to be turned based-which makes it a completely different game. Don't know if that will be the case with CMBN.

Anyway back to PC Ostfront...I t looks like it finished installing.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 36
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 2:07:48 AM   
Commanderski

AWESOME! You have got to try the scenario "The farm" designed by the Mad Russian. It's pretty wild.

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 37
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 2:11:06 AM   
junk2drive

MR has a boat load of scenarios that he is working on. During development we kept getting new builds before he could finish them and the changes caused him to start over with some of them. He has the patience and perseverance of a saint and the talent to make maps and battles.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 38
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 2:22:38 AM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commanderski

AWESOME! You have got to try the scenario "The farm" designed by the Mad Russian. It's pretty wild.

Good thing I went and checked that scenario before responding to you. It's actually called "Buying the Farm" and I was surprised when you gave me the credit for making it.

I did 3 things with that scenario.

1) Named it.
2) Helped pin down the map location for Mobius.
3) Playtested it for Mobius to make sure the balance was good.

How my name got on the credits I don't know but I can't take credit for this one, but I'll agree with you that it's a really good scenario.

Without a doubt this scenario is Mobius' work.

One really easy way to tell if the scenario was done by me is the unit ID names. I use actual commander names and not unit numbers for the ID's. And I usually put my name as the scenario designer too.

I'm just not used to getting credit for work I didn't do as in this case.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/13/2011 2:30:18 AM >

Post #: 39
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 2:23:10 AM   
sfbaytf

Thanks...I'll give it a try, but for now I have to plod through the tutorial scenario to learn the ins and outs.

I running a system with dual monitors and have to CTRL-ESC out of the game and back onto Windows Desktop to get to the second monitor where I can scroll through the .pdf. Not a big deal.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commanderski

Post #: 40
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 2:28:33 AM   
Mad Russian

For those of you that have played any of the HSG scenarios for CMBB you will probably see some of those converted for PCO play. I've had some requests already and I'm working on at least 5 either new or converted KC series battles for PCO.  You might well see an HSG KC expansion pack.

I also have the 2nd Demo scenario that didn't get finished in time for release. That one should be done pretty soon. Within a week possibly, we'll see. It needs a bit more playtesting to see how it plays out.

Then there are a couple of campaigns that may be released in an expansion as well.

The entire team is working on more material to release within the next 60 days or so. Getting you the game was only part of what we've been doing. That was the most important, it allows us to build on what we've already got done but to continue to get to the goal of a completed series.

Good Gaming.

Good Fortune to You.

Good Hunting.

MR

Post #: 41
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 2:33:08 AM   
Mobius

MR and I started to work on it together but his computer was too weak at the time and choked on the map. So started out using his unit names but had to change some so they would be used in other scenarios of the campaign.

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 42
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 2:53:03 AM   
bjmorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Thanks, we'll check it out.

Regards,

- Erik

This is what I love about Matrix. They care and fix their stuff ASAP. Best company out there folks.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 43
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 3:01:23 AM   
Titanwarrior89

A long install.........

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to bjmorgan)
Post #: 44
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 3:04:44 AM   
Mad Russian

A long install means it's a BIG GAME....I promise it'll be worth the long install....

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 45
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 3:48:13 AM   
sfbaytf

After playing some and learning the game I've decided I like it and glad I bought it. Graphics are not bad. Not cutting edge, but not everyone is going to be running a liquid cooled beast with 8 gigs of memory. The treads, sprockets and bogie wheels operate. I'm happy.

Another thing I like is NO ODIOUS DRM scheme.

Looks like another winner from Matrix.

Post #: 46
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 3:52:51 AM   
Richie61

Agree
I bought PCK 7 months ago waiting for this day. I was a CM person since 1999/2000, so this cool game is WIP to me.

I wish I wasn't getting 8 fps thou

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 47
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 3:58:31 AM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richie61

Agree
I bought PCK 7 months ago waiting for this day. I was a CM person since 1999/2000, so this cool game is WIP to me.

You can turn down your viewing resolution a level and turn off the grass which will help alleviate the problem. We weren't aware that the grass was such a resource hog. You play something 15 hours a day and think you know it inside and out and within hours find out you have an "issue". The good news is that of all the issues to have this one is probably a pretty easy fix.

I was a CM person too since 03. I did a few scenarios for CMBB and CMAK. Now we'll see if I can get some scenarios done for this game system as well.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/13/2011 3:59:23 AM >

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 48
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 4:00:21 AM   
junk2drive

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richie61

Agree

You can turn down your viewing resolution a level and turn off the grass which will help alleviate the problem. We weren't aware that the grass was such a resource hog. You play something 15 hours a day and think you know it inside and out and within hours find out you have an "issue". The good news is that of all the issues to have this one is probably a pretty easy fix.

I was a CM person too since 03. I did a few scenarios for CMBB and CMAK. Now we'll see if I can get some scenarios done for this game system as well.

Good Hunting.

MR

That's like saying we'll see if Oscar Mayer can make some hot dogs...

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Post #: 49
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 4:03:27 AM   
Mad Russian

Can they?

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 50
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 4:34:40 AM   
Richie61

quote:

Good Hunting.

MR

You sir made a lot of VERY AWESOME CMBB missions!!!
http://robmin.50megs.com/cm/about.html
What ever happened to Tom "Warmonger" Grace? Is he still around?

The CMBB scenario is would love to see in PCO is Steppe Pillbox by BANNON DC
quote:

Brief Description
Germans must destroy single Russian Bunker. Terrain is open Steppe. I designed this as a "training mission" for myself. Can be over in 5 or 6 turns or can chew you up if unlucky.

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

Post #: 51
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 4:46:31 AM   
Mad Russian

There is a really interesting rumor going around that Warmonger just got 2 more reference books heading his way today. POSSIBLY in preparation to doing some PCO scenarios. 

That's just a rumor mind you....

You think I made some good CMBB scenario's? Mine are nothing compared to the rest of the scenario designers in HSG. There's a reason I invited those guys to join HSG, they are the Best of the Best and they taught me a lot. Still my work pales in comparison to designers like Warmonger.

And that link to Rob's old CSDT page is like taking a trip back down memory road! It's a blast from the past! That was back when I'd first bought CMBB. I was with CSDT for about 3 months before it died and  I started HSG.

The Eastern Front is my favorite battle location and I'm sure you'll see some HSG scenarios show up for that theater.

I have to say that what HSG did in the past with CMBB and CMAK will be nothing compared to what we can do with PC and the Map Maker and editors that are included in this game! "You ain't seen nothing yet!", certainly applies to what HSG has planned for the PC series starting very soon.

Once the real potential of PC becomes known I expect other CM design groups to come over and new groups that do only PC scenarios to start up.

We support all their efforts.

Good Hunting.

MR

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 5/13/2011 5:02:54 AM >

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 52
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 5:18:02 AM   
Richie61

Steve, You are selling your self short....Sir 

"A Brief Visit to a Church"

What about Kingfisher? Is he still out there in cyberspace?

PS:
I loaded PCO on my (work) Win 7 machine with 24 GB of RAM and I am getting 55 fps with a drop of only 35 fps for the Kursk battle

Sun Tzu

Post #: 53
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 5:21:38 AM   
Mad Russian

He still does CMx1 scenarios the last I knew. Been awhile since I talked with him though.

I'm actually not selling myself short. I have some good work but it's nothing like Warmonger can put out as an example, or British Tommy, or Enigma. Those guys are in a class of their own.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 54
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 5:50:08 AM   
Richie61

quote:

I have some good work but it's nothing like Warmonger can put out as an example, or British Tommy, or Enigma. Those guys are in a class of their own.

Good Hunting.

MR

Man, those are the names from the past You and them kept me very happy over the years

Sun Tzu

Post #: 55
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 6:04:15 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: diablo1

From futher testing it has something to do with trying to setup a random battle with 40:0 second default turns. I made up 3 diffenent ones and they all CTD, but, when I made a 60:0 one it worked as well as the regular player made scenario's work. But, 40:0 is not working in random battle setups.

From the Log: 5/12/2011 5:43:54 PM: Cannot load animation mesh: C:\GAMES\Panzer Command Ostfront\Data/Infantry/Russian Rifle 42/russian_regularrifle_02.x

In all 3 crashes that ^ is the common denominator.

Diablo,

What other settings were you using for the 40:0 Random Battle. I've been trying to duplicate the problem with the 40:0 and haven't been able to.

If you could do a screen print after you've made your setting but before you hit the build button maybe that would help me duplicate.

thanks!
rick

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 56
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 6:10:37 AM   
junk2drive

Possible that diablo modded his infantry xml to show more than 5 men and typed something wrong?

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 57
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 1:38:25 PM   
JudgeDredd

Nothing in depth to add here except I played part of a scenario this morning and loved it. It seems alot more immersive for me. Graphics are great.

Thank you.

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 58
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 2:15:36 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thanks everyone for the good feedback, we're glad you are enjoying the game!

Richie, the graphics configuration has a lot of options and in the in-game options turning off Shadows, keeping Limit Infantry On and turning of Grass will all help your performance. Unless your home system is quite old, you should be able to get higher FPS by turning off the extra eye candy and turning down the other settings.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 59
RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! - 5/13/2011 2:43:19 PM   
Richie61

Erik,

Would you guys consider this an "ok" system?

quote:

Windows XP - Sp3
Pentiun 3.20GHz
3.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT - 512 MB
1920 x 1200

I just hate to turn down the "eye candy"
The "grass" which I love is worth 15 to 20 fps. I am really shock with this one

BUT.
I love the update and I am slowly getting the hang of PC.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI