Matrix Games Forums

The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Basically Unplayable

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Basically Unplayable Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Bas... - 10/4/2011 1:03:40 PM   
Arjuna

As I said in the other thread, to support larger fonts would mean a complete redesign of the sidebar displays. That would be a very big job indeed. We are unlikely to go down that route in the near future. I appreciate that for some this may be a deal breaker and I am sorry we will lose your custom but I just cannot justify the investment of time and money required at this stage.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 31
RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Bas... - 10/4/2011 8:23:13 PM   
JiminyJickers

Arjuna:
Sorry, didn't know you gusy are so quick to reply and look at the forums regularly. Thanks for both your quick replies.

wodin:

Not trying to argue but the DPI issue is a bug, or oversight if you will. They game wasn't designed to take into account people that use DPI scaling, a standard windows feature for many many years. I have used this feature on my current PC which I have had for nearly 3 years and this is the first game that have had issues with it. One or two freeware programs, like Freetrack, have had issues but this is the first game that hasn't been designed this in mind. To change the DPI, you have to restart windows. So to be able to play this game, I would have to restart twice every time I want to play.

I understand that it is easy to overlook, but in my opinion should be fixed. Irellevant now because Arjuna has kindly replied very quickly to say that it wasn't going to be fixed and most importantly, because I haven't bought the game.

Im just sad that I have just discovered these brilliant wargames and now won't be able to enjoy them. Im not intersted in the Hex variety but this would have been brilliant. First there was the new Combat Mission games, crippled by crazy DRM, and now the DPI issue in this. Oh well, time to move on and hope that their next one will be able to be played on the 120 DPI setting.

Thanks for your time gents.

< Message edited by JiminyJickers -- 10/4/2011 8:28:07 PM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 32
RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Bas... - 10/4/2011 11:18:37 PM   
springel

quote:

ORIGINAL: JiminyJickers
So to be able to play this game, I would have to restart twice every time I want to play.

In DOS times one would have to practically reboot for every game that required different memory configurations.

It didn't stop me from playing those games.

Rebooting windows takes a few minutes, but one can make a hot drink in the mean time to get ready for a glorious wargame session.

Still a small price to pay I think.

Starting up a large scenario in Combat Mission 2 can take 5 minutes loading time.

(in reply to JiminyJickers)
Post #: 33
RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Bas... - 1/27/2012 8:49:16 PM   
patchogue

This problem has just started for me - wasn't a problem until recently: I have installed a new graphics card and the last two patches...not sure which triggered the problem. A real pain as I can't see remaining ammo. I haven't been able to interpret the suggestions here to cure the problem. Can anyone give a step by step work around?

"It takes three years to build a ship, it takes three centuries to build a tradition"
Admiral Andrew Cunningham

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 34
RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Bas... - 1/29/2012 5:37:36 AM   
Arjuna

This problem usually arises if you are trying to run the game with a font size other than 100%. Go to your Display control panel and set the font size to the 100% value.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to patchogue)
Post #: 35
RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Bas... - 1/29/2012 11:38:44 AM   
patchogue

I think I have got it at 100% - the font size is 96 dpi and Segoe UI size 9 - I can't see where to change this although (I think) I've changed the size to 8 in menus etc. It definitely didn't do this before and I didn't consciously change anything! This is in the Windows control panel. I can't see a place to change it on the graphics card control panel.

"It takes three years to build a ship, it takes three centuries to build a tradition"

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 36
RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Bas... - 2/1/2012 9:09:45 PM   
patchogue

I'm still stuck with this - I can no longer see remaining ammunition or the control of objectives bar. I had made no changes to settings so I really don't understand why this issue has appeared. If the solutions on this thread work can somebody post a screenshot of the thing I need to change!

Getting quite frustrated...maybe this is some sort of realism addition to mimic the dodgy radios!

(in reply to patchogue)
Post #: 37
RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Bas... - 2/1/2012 10:45:57 PM   
Arjuna

What version of the OS are you running?

What is the brand, type and model of your graphics card?

Can you please take a screen shot of your display control panel showing the font size, save it as a jpg file, zip it and upload it here? Thanks.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to patchogue)
Post #: 38
RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Bas... - 2/1/2012 10:52:15 PM   
Arjuna

Can you also provide a DX Diag Report. It's simple to produce one. See here for instructions: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3026705

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> RE: Info Display L Side Partially Unreadable - Game Basically Unplayable Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI