Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where are the patch change logs?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Where are the patch change logs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where are the patch change logs? - 5/9/2011 8:07:17 PM   
GBS

I am look for the protection value afforded units in various town, city, urban, etc. hexes for units kept there during Blizzard. Seems that was updated in one of the patches. Will the manual ever be update with the various rule changes? Some of the sections must be outdated now.
Post #: 1
RE: Where are the patch change logs? - 5/9/2011 8:13:06 PM   
Joel Billings

Yes, work is being done on updating the manual, and we're hoping to get a revised/updated manual out with the 1.04 version when it goes official (actually before it goes official if possible, sometime in the next few weeks).

Here are the 1.04.10 changes for First Winter (I don't recall the city protection rules have changed from the original game manual).

5) Rules Changes to First Winter rules (Section 22.3):
(a) (Section 22.3.1) Changed the CV modifications in January 1942 as follows: Attacking CV is divided by 2 (instead of /3). Any missed check (admin or combat skill) causes CV to be further divided by 3 (instead of /4). Defending CV is divided by 1.5 (instead of /2 – previously this was incorrectly listed as /4). Any missed checks causes CV to be further divided by 1.5 (instead of /2). The displayed on counter CVs are divided by 2 for attack and 1.5 for defense (instead of /3 and /2).
(b) (Section 22.3.1) Changed the CV modifications in February 1942 as follows: Attacking CV is divided by 1.5 (instead of /3). Any missed check (admin or combat skill) causes CV to be further divided by 2 (instead of /4). Defending CV is divided by 1.33 (instead of /2 – previously this was incorrectly listed as /4). Any missed checks causes CV to be further divided by 1.33 (instead of /2). The displayed on counter CVs are divided by 1.5 for attack and 1.33 for defense (instead of /3 and /2).
(c) (Section 22.3.2) The percent of damaged elements has been reduced in December 41 so instead of roughly 5-20% the losses are now roughly 1-7% (the damage losses are still reduced by 50% in Jan/Feb 1942). Units subject to this damage will now see their damage reduced if they are in a hex that has a fort level. The amount of the reduction is the fort level squared as follows:
1. Fort Level 1 – 1% reduction
2. Fort Level 2 – 4% reduction
3. Fort Level 3 – 9% reduction
4. Fort Level 4 – 16% reduction
5. Fort Level 5 – 25% reduction
So a unit in a fort level 4 that would have suffered 6% attrition will now suffer roughly 5% attrition.
(d) (Section 22.3.3) The Morale drop for exposed units was reduced from 2 to 1.
(e) (Section 22.3.3) Removed the automatic pre-combat morale reduction of 2 when morale was greater than 60.
(f) (Section 22.3.3) Added a loss of 1 morale for non-Finnish Axis units whenever they are attacked and the final end of combat odds are greater than 1:2.
(g) (Section 22.3.4) Axis units tracing supply to a railhead in the affected area (22.3) will have the amount of supply they receive reduced by 25% after all other modifications. (previously it was reduced 50%).
(h) It was always harder for German units to received replacements during the first winter (previously undocumented). It is now even more difficult for them to received replacements during first winter.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Where are the patch change logs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI