Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Effect of low supply/fuel on combat efficiency

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Effect of low supply/fuel on combat efficiency Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Effect of low supply/fuel on combat efficiency - 5/9/2011 12:10:12 AM   
Aditia

Is there any? I know MP get influenced by supply/fuel but what about combat efficiency? Does the supply level of forces influence modified CV and or leadership rolls? On the defence does low supply make units more likely to rout/shatter?

I am currently at the end of 1943 in a 43-45 PBEM as Germans and I was wondering how I should read the supply/fuel levels of enemy units
Post #: 1
RE: Effect of low supply/fuel on combat efficiency - 5/9/2011 6:38:02 PM   
Aditia

nobody? :(

(in reply to Aditia)
Post #: 2
RE: Effect of low supply/fuel on combat efficiency - 5/9/2011 9:39:20 PM   
marty_01

I'll take a stab in the dark and pretend I'm actually in the light...

supply level is supposed affect the numbers of times each element within a combat units gets to fire. a infantry squad gets to shoot X number of times when its at 100% supply level, but it only gets to shoot X/Y numbers of time when its at a 50% supply level. What the actual divisor “Y” might be as a function supply level percentage – who the heck knows. Presumably the games coder.

when you have a bunch of free time on your hands go into your preferences and set the combat resolution detail setting to the max number. than watch a combat results. It can take a fair bit of time, but you get a sense for what’s occurring during combat resolution. The way I understand the combat resolution system from watching it in slow-mo -- elements with combat units shoot at each other. I think air support dumps its stuff first -- than Artillery blasts away -- than direct fire shooting occurs over a number of rounds where there's an associated range that decreases incrementally between successive rounds of shooting. You'll see stuff like "Infantry Squad fires at MG Section" at a range of 500 (or whatever) -- no effect -- or MG section disrupted -- or MG Section damaged -- or MG section destroyed.

This takes a fair bit of time as there are lot of squads in a division -- lots of MG sections -- lotz of mortars -- etc. In theory, I think that the numbers of times each element gets to shoot during a combat is a function of its supply level.

< Message edited by marty_01 -- 5/9/2011 9:40:01 PM >

(in reply to Aditia)
Post #: 3
RE: Effect of low supply/fuel on combat efficiency - 5/9/2011 10:09:00 PM   
Mynok

Yes, that is a very good thing to do. But really, you only need to go to a level 4 to see the structure of combat.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to marty_01)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Effect of low supply/fuel on combat efficiency Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI