Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I've got a split division that won't recombine.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> I've got a split division that won't recombine. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I've got a split division that won't recombine. - 5/7/2011 6:16:37 PM   
Sredni

and I know exactly why. I split the 11 indian division into a/b/c to upgrade the Ind Inf Section from 41 to 42, but while it was doing that it also upgraded the 18 pounder gun to the 25 pounder gun, on the A and B pieces. However the C regiment won't upgrade it's 18 pounders.

There's enough supply (40k with a requirement of only 1300), there's a command HQ in range(if this even matters?), there are enough 25 pounder guns in the pools. Why won't this one piece upgrade it's 18 pounder?

More detail. The unit is in oosthaven. The 11th indian div is in the III Indian Corps command, a sub command of ABDA. The first two pieces (a+b) upgraded with the ABDA command HQ in range, at which point I ran out of 25 pounders in the pools. During the wait the ABDA command HQ disbanded and I moved the Southwest Pacific command HQ in range.

I suspect that the reason it won't upgrade is because the command HQ is a different command, but I'm just guessing. I don't recall ever having problems with command hq's being different HQ's then the units around them, but I can't recall 100%. I don't really want to spend a months worth of PP to change the 11th to a command I don't really want it changed to all to make it usefull as a unit again.

Anyone know of a way to force it to upgrade it's 18 pounders to 25 pounders?
Post #: 1
RE: I've got a split division that won't recombine. - 5/7/2011 6:28:46 PM   
USS America

There should be no issue with Command HQ's, as they are needed for upgrading the TOE of units, not individual devices.  Most likely, you still don't have enough 25 pounders in the pool.  I forget the exact % but you need something like 150% of the needed devices in the pool to upgrade that device in a unit.  Don't forget to make sure you have plenty of supply at the base as well.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 2
RE: I've got a split division that won't recombine. - 5/7/2011 6:46:10 PM   
Sredni

There are 16 18 pounder guns in the unit and 20 25 pounder guns in the pools, so if it needs 150% in the pools that could be why. I'll wait a week and try again when the pool is a bit larger. They produce at 28 per month so it's a pretty steady flow. Just a lot of units use the 25 pounders heh so I've got to be extra careful not to use them up elsewhere.

Thanks for that info, I thought you just needed however many you were using. Does anyone know for sure if it's 150%?

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 3
RE: I've got a split division that won't recombine. - 5/8/2011 3:15:22 AM   
crsutton

If you have the latest beta patch you can click on any device to "stockpile" it. So that it will not flow out to another unit by accident -until you release the stockpile that is. This is a very nice new feature.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 4
RE: I've got a split division that won't recombine. - 5/8/2011 4:29:11 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

There should be no issue with Command HQ's, as they are needed for upgrading the TOE of units, not individual devices.  Most likely, you still don't have enough 25 pounders in the pool.  I forget the exact % but you need something like 150% of the needed devices in the pool to upgrade that device in a unit.  Don't forget to make sure you have plenty of supply at the base as well.

Mike -

Yet another gem that I missed. Thanks!

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 5
RE: I've got a split division that won't recombine. - 5/8/2011 4:32:38 AM   
michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

If you have the latest beta patch you can click on any device to "stockpile" it. So that it will not flow out to another unit by accident -until you release the stockpile that is. This is a very nice new feature.

I have fallen for the 'device leakage' while waiting for one of of my units to complete its ugrade. I see enough in the pool. but during the replacement phase, some unit kept knocking the pool below the upgrade threshold.
To me it seemed overkill to turn off all replacements, wait for the pool to go and THEN turn on replacements just for the one unit I wanted to upgrade.
AND then remember to turn on replacements for every one else at the end of the turn. This step I tended to forget about until a couple of turns past.

Michael

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 6
RE: I've got a split division that won't recombine. - 5/8/2011 4:34:51 AM   
michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sredni

There are 16 18 pounder guns in the unit and 20 25 pounder guns in the pools, so if it needs 150% in the pools that could be why. I'll wait a week and try again when the pool is a bit larger. They produce at 28 per month so it's a pretty steady flow. Just a lot of units use the 25 pounders heh so I've got to be extra careful not to use them up elsewhere.

Thanks for that info, I thought you just needed however many you were using. Does anyone know for sure if it's 150%?

For non-squad or non-engineer devices you 1.5 times the number in the pool.

Michael

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> I've got a split division that won't recombine. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI