Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

zomg exports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> zomg exports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
zomg exports - 5/7/2011 1:59:42 AM   
Aditia

So I decided to help out my frontline units and free up some StuG's by disbanding some StuG Bn's, since support units are not very useful on the defence in v1.03. I had a nice number of 80+ StuG's in the pool ready to become an organic part of ID's.

When i opened the next turn I got confronted with this:

Any way to prevent this? (e.g. by limiting the number of unused machines in the pool)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Aditia -- 5/7/2011 2:01:11 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: zomg exports - 5/7/2011 6:42:06 AM   
kirkgregerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aditia

So I decided to help out my frontline units and free up some StuG's by disbanding some StuG Bn's, since support units are not very useful on the defence in v1.03. I had a nice number of 80+ StuG's in the pool ready to become an organic part of ID's.

When i opened the next turn I got confronted with this:

Any way to prevent this? (e.g. by limiting the number of unused machines in the pool)

Yes, there is a way to prevent it. Don't disband Stug BN. Why in the world would you do such a thing?

Not sure I agree that support units have become useless in v1.03. What did I miss that does this?

IMO, I like that extra stuff is given to minor allies. In might help reduce the large pools of tanks and equip that can sometimes sit in the pools due to TOE capacities. IMO, nothing should be changed here until a global change on maybe allow players have more mirco-management over production levels. That might happen in version 2.

< Message edited by kirkgregerson -- 5/7/2011 6:44:01 AM >

(in reply to Aditia)
Post #: 2
RE: zomg exports - 5/7/2011 7:14:40 AM   
johntoml56

I only disband support units if they are useless, or they contain elements required by divisions and the pool is empty or very low. Now how do i get the AI to export excess ME 109s to Finland....

(in reply to kirkgregerson)
Post #: 3
RE: zomg exports - 5/7/2011 1:52:32 PM   
Aditia

Support units don't benefit from terrain/fort levels in v1.03 and they barely get committed on the defence anyway. So yes, I disbanded some to get machines into divisions

(in reply to johntoml56)
Post #: 4
RE: zomg exports - 5/7/2011 2:58:54 PM   
Mehring

Had similar in 1.03 in which I had loads oJu 52 groups that arrived empty, most of which never filled and all the same some production exported to Axis satelites.

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Aditia)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> zomg exports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI