Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Re-Downloading

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Re-Downloading Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re-Downloading - 5/5/2011 12:39:11 AM   
randal7

I'm likely missing something obvious, but...

Bought the game almost a year ago. Can't find my email with the download link, just the order confirmation. I want to put the game on a new computer, but can't find where to download. I also emailed tech support, but figured this would get a quicker answer. Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Re-Downloading - 5/5/2011 12:46:52 AM   
cookie monster

I must have answered this question a dozen times.

Contact the help desk through the support link at the top of the page.

I see you want to put DW on a new computer.

Don't you have the installer on your old computer still?

It's probably in the downloads folder if you haven't moved it.

(in reply to randal7)
Post #: 2
RE: Re-Downloading - 5/5/2011 12:47:53 AM   
helm123456789

I'm sure someone from Matrix will be along to help shortly.  But always make a backup of your download as well as the serial numbers.  I have a couple DVD's that have my matrix games on them with a pop up menu for intstalling

(in reply to randal7)
Post #: 3
RE: Re-Downloading - 5/5/2011 12:53:48 AM   
randal7

I do have the download on my old comp, but I am not home ATM. And the tech support sent me to a link to the digital river "find my order" site so I got my download. Thanks again.

(in reply to randal7)
Post #: 4
RE: Re-Downloading - 5/5/2011 12:57:55 AM   
lordxorn

If that email you found has your order number or if you know the info on the credit card used you can access it from here
http://corporate.digitalriver.com/store/digriv/Content/pbPage.FrameSetCustServ/DisplayFrameSetPage/ThemeID.16015700

(in reply to randal7)
Post #: 5
RE: Re-Downloading - 5/8/2011 1:43:04 AM   
Baleur

Overall i'm very disappointed with the way downloading games work on this site/thing/service.
It is extremely inefficent, both for the customers and the developer/admins, to have manual emails sent back and forth just to be able to download a game you already own anyway.
Why not just automatically let you download it via your account on the Matrix site?

Still waiting for my reply email. New computer and it is weekend, i cant play the game i paid for. ^_^

< Message edited by Baleur -- 5/8/2011 1:44:12 AM >

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 6
RE: Re-Downloading - 5/8/2011 5:19:30 PM   
Lord_Astraios

Thats the only downfall,  but from the site lordxorn placed,  is the place you can download it,  in case it doesnt let you,  contact the support guys to reset the download limit,  but up to date,  it should work,  i think there was another way to download,  when it come to mind i let you know.

< Message edited by Lord_Astraios -- 5/8/2011 5:23:48 PM >

*That* is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.

(in reply to Baleur)
Post #: 7
RE: Re-Downloading - 5/8/2011 5:30:15 PM   
lordxorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baleur

Overall i'm very disappointed with the way downloading games work on this site/thing/service.
It is extremely inefficent, both for the customers and the developer/admins, to have manual emails sent back and forth just to be able to download a game you already own anyway.
Why not just automatically let you download it via your account on the Matrix site?

Still waiting for my reply email. New computer and it is weekend, i cant play the game i paid for. ^_^

Baleur I am assuming you do not have the original registration email with your order number? Do you happen to have the credit card you used for the purchase? Then my link above will work.

(in reply to Baleur)
Post #: 8
RE: Re-Downloading - 5/8/2011 6:17:29 PM   
Baleur

Did not work, guess i placed my order after/before that site is valid? The Matrix site is where i bought it.
Your link, when entering my details, just takes me to my EA Store order history, which contains The Sims and nothing about Distant Worlds :P

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Re-Downloading Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI