Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

tigercub vs Arstavidios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> tigercub vs Arstavidios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/4/2011 2:41:52 PM   
tigercub

My first turn ever H2h WITE would like any feed back ideas thanks

1. my air attacks were pretty good over all...destoryed 4,974 planes...my losses 94 planes

2. my biggest problem was not to take Riga and cross the river i used 3 panzer divs hasty attack no luck,so sent a motor div and 2 HQ and tryed again no luck.

3.everything on the frontier is cut off ...my inf losses were 11,000 light i guess.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tigercub -- 5/4/2011 2:43:34 PM >

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Post #: 1
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/4/2011 3:23:48 PM   
tigercub

south

Attachment (1)

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 2
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/4/2011 3:30:17 PM   
tigercub

Center ...deep cuts

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tigercub -- 5/4/2011 3:32:30 PM >

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 3
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/4/2011 3:39:39 PM   
Tarhunnas

quote:

My first turn ever H2h WITE would like any feed back ideas thanks

Ok, since you ask, here's some immediate advice. Make sure your pockets are not breakable. A broken pocket will cost you time, which is in limited supply for you. Your pockets in the baltics look like they could be broken. Not sure here since I don't know the movement values of the Soviet units, but it looks like he could reestablish supply to many of his units in the baltics, and maybe break supply to your panzer spearheads. That lone Soviet tank division can flip a lot of hexes.

You to should try to anticipate how enemy units could move, and place your units to prevent the enemy linking up with surrounded pockets.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 4
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/4/2011 3:46:24 PM   
tigercub

i ran out of units but just about all in the north are routed save 1 tank and a beat up Sec reg...i also dont know far it can move unsupply.

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 5
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/4/2011 3:53:22 PM   
fiva55

As for you not taking Riga, that's because you need to cross the river and attack from it from the east side.

Providence Lost: A 42-45 GC
Making History I & II
Operation Blue: Completed
Red Storm Rising

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 6
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/5/2011 2:36:21 AM   
tigercub

makes sence now the first time i tryed to attack Riga i used a motor and a PZ div a hasty attack and got in so, i had the inpression it was not the hard now i will pay for it i guess.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 7
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/5/2011 2:41:42 AM   
Mynok

You won't pay too badly not raking Riga. Just might delay you a turn getting to Pskov.

In the south, you will have to re-establish the Lvov pocket as it will be broken for sure.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 8
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/5/2011 8:10:26 AM   
Arstavidios

Hello,
May I pop up in this AAR or are you going to plot some evil deeds here?

The soviet forces have allowed the evil hitlerites to penetrate the sacred soil of our glorious motherland in order to destroy them on prepared positions.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 9
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/6/2011 1:40:14 AM   
tigercub

In the north small progress forward but do have a grip on 12 units that i know of.

german losses 38,000 russian 570,000
Tanks 195 tanks 5,300
planes 140 planes 5,400

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tigercub -- 5/6/2011 1:55:34 AM >

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 10
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/6/2011 1:43:13 AM   
tigercub

Center cleaned out the pockets, cut off Minsk reday to push on.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 11
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/6/2011 1:50:17 AM   
tigercub

The big southern pocket 34 units is ring of steel now. Tryed the take the city lost about 2,000 inf so put on hold for next turn too hard for now.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 12
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/6/2011 6:50:13 PM   
Arstavidios

a little update about the soviet turn 2

In the North and west the Germans have gobled up pretty much everything west of Pskov, vitebsk, mogilev.
few units have managed to escape. The stavka reserve armies are forming a curtain of units
In the south I manage to reopen the lvov pocket. I don't think i will save anything from but that makes me gain some time. However, I think it's the end now. Next step will be about counting survivors on the over side of the Dnepr.......

Rear areas are plunged in chaos at the moment. Proper organisation of the armies will take some time. For the moment every unit cares for itself.
I spent some AP disbanding some fortified zones corps HQ and some support units like motorcycle regiments.

Airforce has gone to the national reserve. I've taken out a few bomber units for partisan supply duty.

Para brigades are concentrating around Moscow and will soon be ready for a massive airborne assautl on Moscow.

Factories are starting to take the train

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 13
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/7/2011 10:57:18 AM   
tigercub

Turn 3 North moved up to the Pskov line crossed the river...took control of Tallinn shiped in a HQ plus some men...killed 4 divs out right..cut off 1 more for next turn.

Center took out 2 divs moved large amount of Armor ready to strike next turn close too Vitebsk.

South the large pocket was linked again last turn and did slow me...but i pocketed an extra 4 large Russian divs..to add to his woes.

big clean up next turn.

(in reply to Arstavidios)
Post #: 14
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/7/2011 1:06:54 PM   
Arstavidios

So, turn 3

In the North, afew reiforcement divisions arrived, and were sent to man the fronlines. German vanguard has reached Tallin unopposed. Nothing to spare there :(
Pskow was not attacked this turn, so I'm organising and digging. a few divisions have arrived there also.

Reinforcement divisions were sent straight to the front. There's no time to wait for them to build up in the rear areas. The lucky ones will have a few turns before they get attacked, the unlucky ones will have to do whatever they can.

the Lehr brigade was attacked by a few good divisions from a reserve army and forced to withdraw. Cheap little victory.

In the south, I lauched a counterattack against a Panzer regiment to reopen a small pocket with two strong tank divisions and a motorized division. The first assault failed the second forced the german regiment to withdraw. Costly victory with several hundred tanks lost. those 3 three mobile divisions have been bled white but 4 infantry divisions were back in supply. The lwov pocket is now beyond hope of rescue.

I'm gradually withdrawing there. Trying to balnce between gaining time and losing units

Meanwhile factories are rolling east.

i've started buying new support units. RR construction brigades and some artillery units for the new armies.
I'm still spending a few ap to get rid of corps HQ.

Airbases and air HQs are concentrated well behind the lines.  there are plenty of air HQs. I don't need them all. Same thing for airbases. there's probably about 200 000 men to spare as well as a few trucks.

I've put a couple of mobile divisions in static mode to get back a few trucks an aps. However for most units I do not have this option. What are the condistions to put a unit in static mode?

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 15
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/8/2011 9:01:11 AM   
tigercub

Turn 4 North East of tallinn just before the river line i Attacked push back a 3 cp inf Div.

South of Pskov i got over the river line after my Armor attack Routed a few divs

Centre cut off 1 div routed 3 more mosly resting..here.

The Pripyat mash he has forced my hand so i sent in 2 corps to kill of the swamp rats.

South killed off the large southern pocket...and taken 9 inf divs into my arms for safe keeping.

losses inf 90,000 now german russian 910,000

Tanks 7,800 russian german 400

planes 5,800 russian 420 german

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tigercub -- 5/8/2011 9:26:28 AM >

Post #: 16
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/8/2011 9:22:37 AM   
tigercub

twice

< Message edited by tigercub -- 5/8/2011 12:35:17 PM >

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 17
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/8/2011 3:28:44 PM   
Arstavidios

Turn 4 sees the begining of the battle for Smolensk.
In the North a couple of german mobile divisions are isolated around Narva. This will slow them.
Around Pskov a motorised division is attacked and forced back.

In the centre a couple of successful attacks lead to the withdrawal of 2 motorised division and a motorised regiment.

In the south I reopen a pocket to 6 divisions forcing the withdrawal of a panzer regiments.

all in all those attacks have cost me 10 000 men for a german loss of 7 000 men. so it's not a bad results. Units were dispersed after the attacks to avoid big tempting stacks to pocket.

Reinforcements arriving all along the front. A couple million more men would sure help howevever.

I'm starting to put some good leaders and organise things. This will take some time and cost some APs thouh.

I've started to bring back some aircraft to the front. between 2000 and 3000 aircraft so far. I wil gradually bring out more as my fronts get some organisation.

I still disband a few units that stand in the way. corps hq and motorcycle regiments. Meanwhile I'm buying artillery regiments and RR construction brigades.

In the south I think it's time to start running towards the Dnepr. I've delayed a few turns, now it time to save whatever can be saved. I expect to lose quite a lot of troops in the south :(

Factory evacuation is going on but there is so much to move some hard choices will have to be made. So far i've got mainly heavy industry and armament out.

Leningrad Moscow and Kharkov will all take several turns to evacuate.

Question for those who know better. If I take only one out of an AFV or aircraft factory, will the factory eventually grow again back to it's max size with time, or is there a permanent loss of capacity?

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 18
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/8/2011 6:05:07 PM   
cpt flam

it will grow back after reparation
generally 1 max per turn

Post #: 19
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/8/2011 9:02:37 PM   
Arstavidios

Merci pour la réponse.
J'ai un peu merdouillé avec une usine, j'ai pas évacué la bonne..........
So welcome aboard  :)

(in reply to cpt flam)
Post #: 20
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/10/2011 9:49:24 AM   
tigercub

End of turn 5 russians 1,070,000 inf down 7,800 tanks about 6,000 planes

germans 120,000 men 610 tanks 500 planes

after reading ARR from others i see my misstakes...

the north is not so good..i feel, not making the break tru i wanted but am make some progress.

Centre is ok made a good size pocket i hope to take avantage of at Vitebsk.

the south is the place that i am doing well and hope to press on to Zhitomir with the sea of Russians in front of me.

cleaned up the pockets from last turn and made new ones 8 divs this time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 21
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/10/2011 9:53:15 AM   
tigercub

The south he is trading blood for time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 22
RE: tigercub vs Arstavidios - 5/10/2011 8:51:20 PM   
Arstavidios

An other turn done.
The two German mobile divisions cut off around narva are now back in supply and some infantry is arriving,  but at least he could not make any progress there this turn.

Around Pskov, he's slowly pushing me but I manage to get some shots at some of his motorised divisions. I'll probaly have some infantry divisions cut off there in the next few turns

In the centre, some divisions were cut off around vitebsk. I managed to put the back in supply. a couple of german mobile units have been cut off in the process. I evacuated vitebsk.

Around smolensk I'm massing troops. He's slowly grinding his way forward. He's now reaching the Dnepr. German infantry is reaching the frontline while most of my reinforvements are understrength divisions

In the south 8 divisions are cut off. I abandoned them to their fate. My forces are withdrawing towards kiev. Most of my frontline infantry has died by now. Now is time to save whatever can be saved, especially the mobile divisions. I want to get those trucks back in the motor pool.

reinforcement divisions are arriving but they are very week. I need them on the front line though, too many holes to plug.

Meanwhile, organisation, leaders and factory evacuation.

I've disbanded a few air HQs and some SAD airbases. I need that manpower in the frontline. I think I can probably get 200 000 or 300 000 men this way.
Most of the airforce is back to the front. I hope they will at least give some cover to my forces and limit the number of interdictions

New groups forming get the modern aicraft, while the experienced ones keep their biplanes :( Manually upgraging groups would cost me a lot of APs for which I have more pressing uses.

So basically, mig 3 ang lagg 3 are my main training aircraft while my "crack" squadrons fly I 153.

i'm also dispanding the 10 aircraft strong units

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> tigercub vs Arstavidios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI