Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Hoplite1963

Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0

Post by Hoplite1963 »

I have been playing around with the counter moding possibilities opened up by the new larger zoom level 0 to find out how much extra detail can be fitted on the new unit counters.

Here are two examples of an Imperial Russian Army first world war artillery unit, one using a traditional NATO icon and the other using a graphic of the 76.2mm M1902 field gun with which the unit was equipped. The graphic in the bottom right hand corner is a nationality symbol while that on the left shows the colour patch colours for units of this type.

Attachments
M1902sample.jpg
M1902sample.jpg (20.93 KiB) Viewed 318 times
sabre1

RE: Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0

Post by sabre1 »

Very nice. This game continues to amaze me with the possibilities of talented people like JMass, you , and others who are tinkinering with this system.

Thank You!
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

+1
Very [8D]

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
boatrigm

Post by boatrigm »

Just when I thought this game couldn't get any better....it does!
[&o][&o][&o]
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Wow, love the little cannon on the 2nd example...

This would be a reason to use Zoom level 0.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

^+1

Now why didn't Matrix develop this game a wee bit more?

Easy to understand rules, good graphic mods, lots of scenarios, UI better than a lot of games that come to mind. Great scale. So what's not to like?
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

This is the teaser for the next version? [&:]
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I'll admit it when I'm wrong: I had Danger Forward, one of the two earlier versions, and it did not grab me. I did not think the change list was worth the compilation, but glad I went for it. I mean, there were no real programming changes per se. But maybe it didn't need any.
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Thanks guys. I am working on a set template files which will make it easier to make counter mods for the game, starting with summer zoom level 0. I have obtained JMas’s permission to use his “Map mod” files as a basis. As these are finished I will make these available for others to use and adapt as they see fit for their own projects. I have also made a template in “Word” to make it easier tp plan and record counter identity. I will all make this available when I release the zoom level 0 file

The first mod out will cover the battles of the British Army in France in 1918 from the start of the German spring offensive to the armistice and will include the ANZAC and Canadian corps as well as British and German units. At present I am planning to use a ground scale of 250 meters per hex, There will also be a new set of “Propaganda”, posters although I plan to use period photographs and other custom graphics here.

Once I have working graphics for zoom level 0 and the “Propaganda”, posters I will also start work on scenarios for the mod. As for timescale I am not sure how long the project will take as I also design scenarios for “Field Of Glory”. however I will post in the forum with updates and screenshots of the work in progress as I go along.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”