Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0 - 5/4/2011 2:25:03 PM   
Ian in Brentford

I have been playing around with the counter moding possibilities opened up by the new larger zoom level 0 to find out how much extra detail can be fitted on the new unit counters.

Here are two examples of an Imperial Russian Army first world war artillery unit, one using a traditional NATO icon and the other using a graphic of the 76.2mm M1902 field gun with which the unit was equipped. The graphic in the bottom right hand corner is a nationality symbol while that on the left shows the colour patch colours for units of this type.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0 - 5/4/2011 3:04:36 PM   
sabre1

Very nice. This game continues to amaze me with the possibilities of talented people like JMass, you , and others who are tinkinering with this system.

Thank You!

(in reply to Ian in Brentford)
Post #: 2
RE: Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0 - 5/5/2011 1:18:43 AM   
Agent S

+1
Very

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 3
RE: Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0 - 5/5/2011 3:00:29 AM   
boatrigm

Just when I thought this game couldn't get any better....it does!

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 4
RE: Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0 - 5/5/2011 3:39:08 AM   
rosseau

Wow, love the little cannon on the 2nd example...

This would be a reason to use Zoom level 0.

(in reply to boatrigm)
Post #: 5
RE: Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0 - 5/5/2011 4:46:35 AM   
sabre1

^+1

Now why didn't Matrix develop this game a wee bit more?

Easy to understand rules, good graphic mods, lots of scenarios, UI better than a lot of games that come to mind. Great scale. So what's not to like?

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 6
RE: Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0 - 5/5/2011 4:50:51 AM   
junk2drive

This is the teaser for the next version?

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 7
RE: Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0 - 5/5/2011 5:13:39 AM   
rosseau

I'll admit it when I'm wrong: I had Danger Forward, one of the two earlier versions, and it did not grab me. I did not think the change list was worth the compilation, but glad I went for it. I mean, there were no real programming changes per se. But maybe it didn't need any.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 8
RE: Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0 - 5/5/2011 8:22:00 AM   
Ian in Brentford

Thanks guys. I am working on a set template files which will make it easier to make counter mods for the game, starting with summer zoom level 0. I have obtained JMas’s permission to use his “Map mod” files as a basis. As these are finished I will make these available for others to use and adapt as they see fit for their own projects. I have also made a template in “Word” to make it easier tp plan and record counter identity. I will all make this available when I release the zoom level 0 file

The first mod out will cover the battles of the British Army in France in 1918 from the start of the German spring offensive to the armistice and will include the ANZAC and Canadian corps as well as British and German units. At present I am planning to use a ground scale of 250 meters per hex, There will also be a new set of “Propaganda”, posters although I plan to use period photographs and other custom graphics here.

Once I have working graphics for zoom level 0 and the “Propaganda”, posters I will also start work on scenarios for the mod. As for timescale I am not sure how long the project will take as I also design scenarios for “Field Of Glory”. however I will post in the forum with updates and screenshots of the work in progress as I go along.

(in reply to Ian in Brentford)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Improved counter graphics for zoom level 0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI