Michaelm, if you have time (I bet you don't have that luxury every often..), would you check the AGC and Amph Force HQ behaviour, please?
What I have discovered how it should be and how it seems to work now is:
1. AGC should be able to fully load Amph Force HQ (currently, at least in DaBigBabes, it cannot, shows e.g. V Amph Force HQ/1 when loaded..).
2. AGC should be in same Amphibious TF that is doing the Amphibious assault (fair enough, seems to work).
3. AGC should not unload Amph Force HQ with assault troops (currently it does, interestingly, unit then becomes the mother unit, e.g. V Amph Force HQ).
Some suggestion for solutions:
1. Make Amph Force HQ (and AGC too) effect work when in same HEX, not in same TF. This way one could have it in different TF set to "Do not unload". That would solve this particular problem, but I do not obviously know how much and how difficult coding that would require.
2. Or, make it so that AGC never unloads unless instructed so by player (I think this is less-"elegant" solution..but then I don't know how difficult it'd be to code...).
2. Make it possible for AGC to fully load full Amph Force HQ. This is low priority item and probably best solved by just increasing load capacity of AGC in editor.
Thanks for your continuing support for this great game! We owe you a lot as AE community. Getting out all these beta patches is bit insane....but then..."these are not rational acts, just ones that need to be done"...
< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 5/2/2011 11:41:29 AM >
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-