Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Setting Victory Objectives in Non-Campaign Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Setting Victory Objectives in Non-Campaign Scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setting Victory Objectives in Non-Campaign Scenarios - 4/29/2011 11:29:41 PM   
el hefe

1. Open the editor and load the scenario
2. Go the MAIN tab and ensure that 'Victory Condition' is set to 'Short Scenario'
3. In this tab you can also set victory points by setting a 'Score Mods' for each side and 100 is the default for both sides. Increasing or decreasing this value will have the corresponding effect on VPs earned for inflicting losses. At the '100' default setting, a loss of 1,000 men, 100 Guns, 10 AFVs, or 5 Aircraft earns the player that inflicted those casualties a single victory point.
4. Go to the map
5. I recommend that you hide your on-map units as it cleans up the clutter so you can read town and city names clearly. You can do this by selected the 'Toggle Units on Map' button under the MAP INFORMATION TAB
6. Select the 'Toggle Victory Locations On/Off' under the MAP INFORMATION TAB
7. This selection will bring up the SET VICTORY CITIES screen and allows you to set ten victory city or town locations per side. You can only edit the currently selected side when you are in this mode.
8. This mode will default to the first victory city for the selected side as 'Victory City 0'. Victory Cities are numbered from 0 to 9 with 0 being the first city. This is important because this is the order in which cities will be displayed when the player selects the SHOW VICTORY SCREEN. To set a victory city, simply click on the hex containing a city or town and the editor will prompt you Input Victory Points per Turn and Input Victory Points at End. You cannot select a hex that does not contain a city or town. Once you are done, the bar will be updated to show your selections. For example, it will look something like this: 'Victory City 0: Kolomak' with (100 / 300) shown underneath the city name. A white circle with the number '0' will be generated on the hex you chose as this victory location so you quickly see what hexes you have chosen as victory locations.
9. Simply press the 0-9 keys to rotate between the different victory city locations and use step 7 to set their values.
10. Once you have set all ten of your objectives for that side, exit out of this mode by pressing the 'Esc' key. Pressing the 'X' will drop you into the Scenario Editor Screen for some reason. Press 'w' to switch sides and proceed to step 5 to edit that side's victory objectives.
11. You can check your work by going to the INFO SCREENS tab and selecting the 'Show Victory Screen'
12. Don't forget to reset the side that goes first by pressing the 'w' key when the correct side is selected.

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
Sabre 21's perpetual arch-nemisis
Post #: 1
RE: Setting Victory Objectives in Non-Campaign Scenarios - 4/30/2011 12:12:07 AM   
bcgames

Sweet! This was my next task on the list. Just in time! Thanks Trey!

(in reply to el hefe)
Post #: 2
RE: Setting Victory Objectives in Non-Campaign Scenarios - 5/27/2011 1:26:17 PM   
Bletchley_Geek

This thread should be made "sticky". Very valuable info here and too easy to fall down from first page.

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Setting Victory Objectives in Non-Campaign Scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI