Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trade issues - thread started at request of Mr. Rutins

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Trade issues - thread started at request of Mr. Rutins Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trade issues - thread started at request of Mr. Rutins - 4/27/2011 2:30:01 PM   
DrApostle

Post from the main forum:

When I colonize a new planet, I build an extra small space station, just to get the ship construction yards going. I send a fleet to accompany the colony ship for protection. The base is size 227 and has no weapons or shields. After the base is built, then I upgrade it to including weapons, shields, and a long range scanner.

These bases should be built really fast right? Wrong. Why? The private sector.

I founded Talisea 1 on 7.20.2755 and the size 227 base was complete on 6.14.2759. 4 years.
I founded Nest on 12.24.2755, Malastari 1 on 5.??.2756, and Oglouris on 5.17.2757. None of the bases are complete on 8.29.60 (current stardate) even thouch Nest and Oglouris have native populations and construction speeds of 125+.

Why? Silicon. Or Silicon and Chromium. No Silicon and Chromium have been transported to these stations. Each station needs 32 silicon and 14 chromium.

Do I have silicon and chromium? Yes

Looking at inventory at only my colonized planets I have 7718 silicon with 248 silicon reserved (this does not count the 32 I need for star bases at several colonies which have no silicon, bringing the grand total to 536).

Looking at mining stations, I have three of them that mine silicon, and they have 5020 in cargo with 0 reserved.

Chromium has similar stats with 9904 being on planets and 197 reserved.

Now, I do have about 40 private sector ships (not sure how many are freighters) in the queue to be built, so I realize there may be a transportation issue. However, this brings me to the following questions:

1. How does the private sector prioritize transport "jobs"?
2. Why does the private sector pick up 32 silicon and take it to one planet, when it could pick up more silicon, and make several deliveries?
3. Why does my private sector sell resources that I have in lower quantities to other empires ?
Post #: 1
RE: Trade issues - thread started at request of Mr. Rutins - 4/27/2011 2:32:47 PM   
cookie monster

You forgot to say what the save games called.

It's called ''Dr Apostle Trade Issues April 2011.dwg''

(in reply to DrApostle)
Post #: 2
RE: Trade issues - thread started at request of Mr. Rutins - 4/28/2011 3:20:31 PM   
DrApostle

Thanks cookie monster!

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 3
RE: Trade issues - thread started at request of Mr. Rutins - 4/28/2011 4:08:49 PM   
cookie monster

I had a quick look thru my freighters some were transporting amounts like 1 gold lots of others only 10 of an item.

Not really cost effective.

No wonder they are all tied up.

(in reply to DrApostle)
Post #: 4
RE: Trade issues - thread started at request of Mr. Rutins - 4/28/2011 4:15:40 PM   
Data

That's something that will never be understood....it's clearly hardcoded this way but why?

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

Post #: 5
RE: Trade issues - thread started at request of Mr. Rutins - 4/28/2011 5:59:43 PM   
cookie monster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

That's something that will never be understood....it's clearly hardcoded this way but why?

I guess if we make Elliot aware of it then he can adjust.

I do think freighters running with tiny amounts of cargo shouldn't be allowed by default.

I'm surprised it's still in the game at this late stage.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 6
RE: Trade issues - thread started at request of Mr. Rutins - 4/28/2011 6:13:36 PM   
Data

Maybe it involves some extensive overhaul....if it was rather easy to fix I'm sure Elliot would have done it, all the economic related threads mention this

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Trade issues - thread started at request of Mr. Rutins Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI