Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ExecSetHQ command does not appear to be working

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> ExecSetHQ command does not appear to be working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ExecSetHQ command does not appear to be working - 4/27/2011 2:02:54 PM   
cbelva

I am working on a scenario where I am trying to have reinforcements arrived assigned to the proper HQ. I found the command ExecSetHQ where you give the unit number and the HQ number you want it assigned to. It appeared to be quite simple.

However, either I am missing something or it is not working. I have several units (predefined) set up as reinforcements coming in on a specific date. In the event editor I use the "checkday" command to check the day they arrive. I then execute the ExecSetHQ command for each unit. One if the parent HQ for the rest of the units. I assign the parent HQ a headquarter from one already on the board to be subordinate to. I then assign the other units arriving to be assigned to the new HQ arriving with them. However, then they arrive, not all the units are assigned to the correct hq. The parent HQ is assigned to a different hq than the one I assigned. Some of the subordinate units are assigned to different hqs too. I am using the "real unit number" and not the "predefined unit number" in the command line.

What am I doing wrong, or is the command not working. Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: ExecSetHQ command does not appear to be working - 4/27/2011 3:59:57 PM   
Vic

after adding a pre-defined units to the map do:

tempvar1 = checktotalunits

then use tempvar1 as the unit # in the execsethq.

keep in mind the number of the initial hq number can change as units are killed and the list is shortened.

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 2
RE: ExecSetHQ command does not appear to be working - 4/28/2011 5:21:35 AM   
cbelva

Hey Vic,

I am new to this and having to figure out the programing the events by trial and error (more trial than error ). So please excuse my ignorance. Could you give a short example of how that would look by showing a few lines of how it would look. Thanks

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> ExecSetHQ command does not appear to be working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI