The Wargamer MP AAR

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

Cyrano

The Wargamer MP AAR

Post by Cyrano »

Greetings,

Four of us over at the Wargamer forum decided to have a go at an ATG four-player PBEM.

This is intended to be its AAR.

Settings:

*Four-player, no A.I.
*Large map
*Dry world
*Shroud, no peek
*Full range climate

All other settings standard

Play order was determined by lot -- a draw from a replica deck of 16th Century playing cards I picked up recently had had never before used...oooooh...

Order is:

1. Barthheart (assigned Nippon Empire)
2. W8aminute (Eastern Empire)
3. Republic (Germania)
4. Cyrano (your author) (Peoples' Republic of China)

First turn is away...bulletins when they happen..

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
"Gentlemen songsters off on a spree, damned from here to eternity, God have mercy on such as we..." -- The Whiffenpoofs
Barthheart

RE: The Wargamer MP AAR

Post by Barthheart »

Salute from Imperial Nippon

We are a peaceful people.

No really.

Stop laughing![:'(]

The first order of business is to... well can't really say in an unsecured area such as this. Lets just say we need to modernize and step up our mineral production/holdings.

We have begun along these peaceful lines.[8D]

Barthheart
Supreme Commander of the Imperial Nippon Army
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
phatkarp

Post by phatkarp »

(subscribe)!
republicofpepsi

Post by republicofpepsi »

As Chancellor of the German people, I extend a hearty handshake to my fellow leaders. The game is afoot.
Cyrano

Post by Cyrano »

The Peoples' Republic of China offer greetings to the community of nations...

...and wonder if we could interest you in a Little Red Book?

(Turn one is in the books.)
"Gentlemen songsters off on a spree, damned from here to eternity, God have mercy on such as we..." -- The Whiffenpoofs
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

June 1, 1939

We now have a navy! Great strides have also been taken to upgrade our troops and expand our industrial complex.

We also have a new alliance with Germania. Another block has formed between the PRC and the Eastern Empire.

So we now have the Good East vs. the Evil West. (these designations are based on geographic locations and not ideology)

Didn't take too long for the world to polarize.... [X(]

Barthheart
Supreme Commander of the Imperial Nippon Army
Supreme Commander of the Imperial Nippon Navy
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Moff Jerjerrod

Post by Moff Jerjerrod »

Hi guys!

I know what you're going to say but everywhere else I go by Moff Jerjerrod. Due to a mixup on my part when registering an account at Wargamer I ended up using W8taminute over there as my handle. Wish I could change that but anyways...

The Glorious Eastern Empire has formed an alliance with our partners the Peoples Republic. Together we shall redistribute the wealth! Our glorious leader has begun a 5 round plan to improve our defenses so that we may live in peace with the world. At least for now that is. Without divulging any more information we have begun improving our economy as well.
aka W8taminute at Wargamer
all5n

Post by all5n »

Welcome gentlemen.

How about a map?
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: all5n

Welcome gentlemen.

How about a map?

Well.... right now most of the world is shrouded so showing a map would give away a lot of info.
Once (if?) the fighting starts I'm sure battle maps will appear...[;)]
Josh

Post by Josh »

Settings:

*Four-player, no A.I.
*Large map
*Dry world
*Shroud, no peek
*Full range climate

Sounds nice, a large map and no peeking really makes it interesting in the early stages; where is who and what?
Good luck gentlemen.
Cyrano

Post by Cyrano »

As matters currently stand I (Peoples' Republic of China) and Germania have formed and alliance that -- generally -- divides the map pretty nearly in half. Counter history, we sit in large part to map West while our foes sit to the east.

As a random map, though, there's a lot of jumbling that will definitely require some bloodshed to sort out. Soon, I'll be able to share an image of the German City of Nabburg which sits at the end of a peninsula that connects directly to my territory. I now know well how the people on Formosa must feel!

Turn two is in the books. Peace remains the rule, but there are a whoooole lot of armies peeking at one another over shared borders.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: Cyrano

As matters currently stand I (Peoples' Republic of China) and Germania have formed and alliance that...

Hey! That's my ally!!!![:-][:D]

We now have an Airforce. The growing power of our forces should be enough to keep the peace... for a while... [;)]
Army getting into positions...
Navy patrolling the seas....
Airforce patrolling the skies.....
Ahhhh... life is grand.......

Barthheart
Supreme Commander of Imperial Nippon Armed Forces
republicofpepsi

Newsreel Footage:

A dark plume of smoke is still visible above Berlin today after an explosion rocked the Reichstag late yesterday evening. Details are scarce but a source within the Landespolizei has indicated that there is unequivocal evidence of PRC/Eastern Empire involvement.

Kaiser Republic addressed the nation over the wireless this morning to assuage fears of his demise. In the address the Kaiser announced that the ambassadors to the People’s Republic of China and the Eastern Empire have been recalled immediately. “We must hold fast and show our resolve. We cannot be frightened so easily. Either our neighbors will agree to turn over the criminals who have committed these attacks, or we will assume they were state sponsored.” A source close to the administration was quoted as saying “I fear conflict is inevitable.”

Meanwhile German scientists are ecstatic about a new breakthrough in *CENCORED*. As the dark specter of war looms on the horizon, our advances in *CENCORED* could not come at a better time. The lead scientist of the project was quoted as saying "We believe that thanks to *CENSORED* the citizens of Germany can rest easy tonight."
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

i'l join the next wargamer mp, i'm downloading the game right now. we could do an aar and post it on the wargamer site.
Moff Jerjerrod

Post by Moff Jerjerrod »

[center]Image[/center]

Stalin rises up to the podium and addresses the reporters that have flocked to the Kremlin searching for answers. He stares them down and while pointing at them exclaims, "The people of the Eastern Empire have no knowledge of any criminal masterminds behind the mysterious 'explosion' that rocked Berlin yesterday." He then puts his finger down and calmly leaves the conference.
Cyrano

Post by Cyrano »

The Central Committee joins with the people of Germania in mourning the tragic loss of life that resulted from the destruction of its Reichstag.

"Terrorism in one nation is terrorism in all nations," said the First Chairman in prepared remarks.

"We caution the German people," the Chairman continued, "not to use this great tragedy to heap even greater sorrows upon themselves and their children by seeking scapegoats for this action outside their own nation."

"Pursuing such a course would be unwise and would greatly complicate the shared international effort to ensure peace among peoples."

Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Sept. 1, 1939

The governement of Nippon is dismayed at the treatment by other parties, yet un-named, and offers it's full support to Germania.
"We cannot let hooliganism go un-punished".

Our modernization plans continue at full speed to ensure we are ahead of the curve in military might.

I fear that the sun is setting on our peaceful world.....

Barthheart
Supreme Commander of the Imperial Nippon Armed Forces.
Moff Jerjerrod

Post by Moff Jerjerrod »

Press release from the Kremlin:

The workers of the Eastern Empire unite and continue on the path to peace and love as great strides are made in Stalin's 5 round plan towards economic improvement.
republicofpepsi

Despite severe damage caused in the dastardly attack, Parliament convened to discuss the formalities of mobilizing the armed forces at the behest of Kaiser Republic.

During a tour of the repair effort the Kaiser addressed the crowed that had assembled. "Our nation has suffered a grave insult, and our response to this insult will be equally grave. Our very sovereignty has been called to question. I am ready to answer that question, are you?" At that point the crowed erupted.

It is not a question of "will" war happen, it is a question of "when".
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Oct. 1, 1939

We have grabbed destiny by the balls today! Our glorious forces have invaded the lands of the PRC to punish them for the terrorist acts they are sponsering around the world. We have acted so others may live in peace!

The censored picture below shows our fearsom soldiers marching, and para dropping, into the eastern lands of the PRC un-opposed. On the Central front we are preparing for a second assault. And in the west it can be seen the offensive build up of the PRC which lead to this proactive defensive move on our part. PRC submarines we're sunk by the air force in the opening hours of the attacks.

We shall prevail and bring order to this fine world.

Barthheart
Supreme Commander of the Imperial Nippon Armed Forces.

Attachments
beginning.jpg
beginning.jpg (358.58 KiB) Viewed 251 times

Return to “After Action Reports”