From: Plymouth, MA, USA
[Copied this from Webizen - I think he put up a nice description about how to organize a game]
It is a game, win or lose--have fun! Note that the random game generator will give every player the same number of cities, at start units and land area but the shape/geography of that land area may be good for some and perhaps not so good for others. No restarts due to this random factor will be considered.
The game should be faster over the weekends. To avoid delays players with an American time zone are preferred.
NOTE: Once alliances are formed, it is a TEAM game. One team wins.
Players: 4 Human - 4 AI
World Size: X-Large
World Type: Wet World (50% oceans)
Climate: Full Range
Map Loop (world is round)
No Shroud (can see map but not units except those within recon range)
Nippon: Haudrauf (me)
Dragon Empire: AI
The Confederates: All5n
Peoples Republic: AI
The Republic: Jeffrey H. (email still missing)
The Sultibate: AI
Holy Empire: AI
No alliance offers can be made before turn 5. This rule is revoked if a human player declares war on another human player.
1) Players are expected to play and forward their turn within 24 hours of receipt, unless they announce that they are on leave for some time. Players are to avoid opening a turn twice. Things happen so occasional exceptions are expected.
2) Savegame file naming convention: NNNN001a.at2 (player's name or initials plus sequence number\\
3) The AI players are wild cards and should be considered minor powers. They may declare on you, another AI or may remain at peace.
4) Everyone starts at peace. It costs 20PPs to declare war. If you are in an alliance with another player and he is attacked, you are automatically at war with the regime that declared war on your ally (no cost to you). Once an alliance is made, the only way to rescind it is to declare war on your ally. That is not a nice thing to do, nor forgotten by the person you did it too (or other gamers who may hear about it).
5) Don't be a quitter by simply "walking" away. If things are going badly for you and you feel that you don't want to continue, do one of three things: (a) give all your land and units to your ally, then surrender or (b) use the surrender button to surrender (if not in an alliance this is your only option). Option C removes your units from the map and makes your cities and land neutral. Last but not least, forward the turn to the next player.
< Message edited by Haudrauf1962 -- 5/1/2011 6:21:08 PM >
Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)